Confirmation pop-up for actions that spend/disband unit

What would you like to see in Freeciv? Do you have a good idea what should be improved or how?
TriClad

Confirmation pop-up for actions that spend/disband unit

Post by TriClad »

Hi!

Today I accidentally merged a newly-created settler with the city that had just finished producing it, because I misclicked the option on the drop-down menu (I was going for the "Go and build city", the mouse moved slightly, and poof, gone).

I would like to suggest adding a small pop-up notification asking for confirmation for these types of actions. Some similar actions already have an inherent "confirm-like" pop-up (e.g. if one selects "Build city", the city naming pop-up already acts as a confirmation), so I think it would make sense to have something similar for the option to "add to city" too.

In my opinion, this is applicable for all actions in the drop-down menus that spend the unit and do not yet have some sort of confirmation step (e.g. merging migrants probably suffers from the same issue, though I guess one is not as likely to accidentally do that).

Thanks!
cgalik

Re: Confirmation pop-up for actions that spend/disband unit

Post by cgalik »

I've accidentally hit b several times to do this same thing... Agreed with this! :)
Ignatus
Elite

Re: Confirmation pop-up for actions that spend/disband unit

Post by Ignatus »

Yup, well known problem :( Already filed a feature request for settlers.