occupychance vs 1 mp

What would you like to see in Freeciv? Do you have a good idea what should be improved or how?
Wahazar
Elite

occupychance vs 1 mp

Post by Wahazar »

With occupychance 100, winning unit will always enter purged tile.
What bug me out is, that there is no way to custom it - either unit with MP 1, or unit with OneAttack flag, will proceed.
It is not logical - if attack is consuming 1 MP, unit should not be able to move forward aftermath?
Is there any way in freeciv 2.6 to customize units - for example cavalry is charging so it enter purged tile, but artillery should sit where is is?
Augmented2 ruleset/modpack for freeciv2.6: http://forum.freeciv.org/f/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=91047
Ignatus
Elite

Re: occupychance vs 1 mp

Post by Ignatus »

Likely no, it's considered that any regular attack on a native terrain is a close-range combat. Moves are subtracted for both attack and occupation but all only after the attack is performed. In 3.x, there will be a control on disembarkation, maybe also an attack will be "fake generalized", but nothing like what you have asked.
sveinung
Elite

Post by sveinung »

I have been thinking about messing around near this area for 3.1. I have started moving some of the move cost for some action to the ruleset. I have been thinking of standardizing forced post action moves.

Could you describe in detail exactly what happens today and exactly what you want to change it to?
Wahazar
Elite

Post by Wahazar »

sveinung wrote: Could you describe in detail exactly what happens today and exactly what you want to change it to?
Actually if occupychance = 100, any unit proceed forward after attack, no matter it has 1 or more mp, and no matter if has OneAttack flag or not.
I expected that OneAttack would drain all MP thus unit would not move forward after attack.
Or generally, I want to differ units functionality, to have units which occupy purged place, and these which doesn't occupy.
Augmented2 ruleset/modpack for freeciv2.6: http://forum.freeciv.org/f/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=91047