Maybe u can do also something similar for economy and research ?
It looks pretty awesome
I'm glad you love them
These days I'm very busy with things like this (I'll take an exam on next Friday):
I'm also writing a listener<>-based system for fonts… more on that later.
I'll take a moment to do these icons, though. I think I'll use a microscope for science, it's one of the common results for "research icon" and has a very recognizable shape. I can't find a good and easily usable* metaphor for "economy" or "gold", suggestions welcome! Else I'll go for something like this
If you're really impatient, it's not hard to do. Just fire up Krita (I use v3.0), open map.kra and check the 3 transparency masks (you might want to adjust the various blur radius, too). Just tell me so we avoid duplicate work.
I tweaked the city icon further to make it fit even better. Everything is in the zip below:
I've just played a few hours with your patch applied (I'm not that
- I find myself hitting ESC to return to the main page.
- I had to re-train my muscle memory to hit "C" instead of clicking the unit in the sidebar. As it's not far from G,S,R,F on the keyboard layouts I use, I'll cope with it.
- It's also hard to say if some unit is currently focused without looking directly at the sidebar, especially after having searched for enemies around the map. I lost a few turns because of this…
- The blink when no research target is set is gone, lost a few turns here too… won anyway because, you know, the Easy AIs are… say… weak
* "easily usable" above mainly means "recognizable from its silhouette only".