more governments libertarianism

What would you like to see in Freeciv? Do you have a good idea what should be improved or how?
archeologistfossils

more governments libertarianism

Post by archeologistfossils »

you also get to elect politicians yourself (ron paul) and make your whole civ really happy.
GET OFF MY SIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTERRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!
GriffonSpade
Elite

Re: more governments libertarianism

Post by GriffonSpade »

Libertarianism isn't a type of government, it's a political philosophy.

Also, the leader of the government is always, ya know, you. I'm not sure how voting would translate into making your whole civilization very happy either?
archeologistfossils

Post by archeologistfossils »

GriffonSpade wrote:Libertarianism isn't a type of government, it's a political philosophy.

Also, the leader of the government is always, ya know, you. I'm not sure how voting would translate into making your whole civilization very happy either?
you made me laugh. I know what you mean, but I'm trying to think of if maybe there was a way to have another government option in the game that made the citizens very happy but still do very well with everything. basically a very high degree of freedom so long as they don't do something bad to others, and yet there is so much good stuff available that they are well educated and so on. Like, instead of them being brainwashed from the moment they are born that the earth is a sphere and we live on the outside of it, they are more open minded and know that they in fact live in the matrix on a flat board game map.

the government could be called "notsheep-ism" or something. (joke) but could we have some more governments? I never feel right choosing any of them.
GET OFF MY SIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTERRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!
GriffonSpade
Elite

Post by GriffonSpade »

Ah, this would likely be better for something as a policy slider bar when those come out in 2.6 or 3.0(I forget which version it will be coming out with), rather than a government type. Of course, I don't think any default rulesets will have it...

The code developers are always at work, working to fix bugs and add new features to the new versions that are still months or years away from being finished. They generally prioritize their time working on the easier, more important, and more desirable fixes/changes, though.
Lachu
Elite

Post by Lachu »

Is AI able to control Policies of Civilization? I ask because I introduced Policies idea(based on Civilization: Call to Power II) into Freeciv, but "just forgot" ;-) about AI.