"Reload Current Tileset"

What would you like to see in Freeciv? Do you have a good idea what should be improved or how?
Hans Lemurson
Veteran

"Reload Current Tileset"

Post by Hans Lemurson »

Currently, when I'm making changes to the graphics of my tileset, in order to see the new changes to the graphics and judge how they appear in the context of a full game, I have to load a completely unrelated tileset before I can load the new version of mine to see the changes.

Is there any way to make the current tileset "refresh" without having to go through this annoying intermediate step?
Wishes he could convert Civ2's scenarios to FreeCiv...
But instead, he made his own tileset variants, RoundSquare and Sextant-enHANSed, and refuses to play on anything else. Check them out!
JTN
Elite

Re: "Reload Current Tileset"

Post by JTN »

Well, there's the menu item "Reload Tileset" on the "File" menu in the Gtk clients (Ctrl-Alt-R).

However, that is only activated in --enable-debug builds. (In regular builds it's always greyed out, but left on the menu. I imagine that's a bit maddening.)

The 2.6 Qt client appears to have a keyboard shortcut for it enabled by default -- Ctrl-Shift-F6.

In the 2.6 Gtk2 client, zooming in and out with +/- ought to be a suitable hack. (But not in the Gtk3 client.)
Hans Lemurson
Veteran

Post by Hans Lemurson »

I didn't notice the "Reload Tileset" option that was grayed out! That's funny. Not only is this feature already in existance, but it was denied to me! :lol:

Any simple way to enable it in an otherwise normal 2.5.11 build?
But instead, he made his own tileset variants, RoundSquare and Sextant-enHANSed, and refuses to play on anything else. Check them out!
nef
Elite

Post by nef »

As a workaround would it not be possible to just create a second copy and switch back and forth?
Hans Lemurson
Veteran

Post by Hans Lemurson »

nef wrote:As a workaround would it not be possible to just create a second copy and switch back and forth?
Keeping a copy of a prior version around just to switch to it is more work and little benefit compared to just switching with an existing tileset.