Policies' value visible by others.

What would you like to see in Freeciv? Do you have a good idea what should be improved or how?
Lachu
Elite

Policies' value visible by others.

Post by Lachu »

The idea is about possibility to create policies visible by other player. It is feature for ruleset authors.

Imagine we can adjust focus on some way to achieve victory: science, culture or domination. If it could be restricted like tax rates (sum of level of each must be 100) and each policy will give bonus speeding achieve victory in some way (for example civilization focusing on science victory will get more science point, civilization focusing on cultural victory will receive more culture points and focusing on military victory will allow units to promote often), that's could be great. And of course - imagine values of these policies could be visible by others so other player could take care of eliminate opponents.

What do you think?
vodot
Veteran

Re: Policies' value visible by others.

Post by vodot »

Lachu wrote:The idea is about possibility to create policies visible by other player. It is feature for ruleset authors.

Imagine we can adjust focus on some way to achieve victory: science, culture or domination. If it could be restricted like tax rates (sum of level of each must be 100) and each policy will give bonus speeding achieve victory in some way (for example civilization focusing on science victory will get more science point, civilization focusing on cultural victory will receive more culture points and focusing on military victory will allow units to promote often), that's could be great. And of course - imagine values of these policies could be visible by others so other player could take care of eliminate opponents.

What do you think?
The idea of a publicly visible flat slider that goes between science, culture, and military seems a little contrived. Maybe more useful as a bluffing tool, unless the bonuses it provides are extreme. If this is an oblique reference to the civ4 (I think?) feature called "civics" (where you would have to choose, in addition to your goverment, between several different styles in four or so categories), I think that would be pretty cool.
Those being public would tell potentially tell you quite a bit about your opponent.
Lachu
Elite

Post by Lachu »

vodot wrote:
Lachu wrote:The idea is about possibility to create policies visible by other player. It is feature for ruleset authors.

What do you think?
The idea of a publicly visible flat slider that goes between science, culture, and military seems a little contrived. Maybe more useful as a bluffing tool, unless the bonuses it provides are extreme. If this is an oblique reference to the civ4 (I think?) feature called "civics" (where you would have to choose, in addition to your goverment, between several different styles in four or so categories), I think that would be pretty cool.
Those being public would tell potentially tell you quite a bit about your opponent.
I thought rather about Policies. It could exist visible flag for policies, with makes policies value visible by other player. Civics aren't implemented currently. Of course - I have an idea to make partially visible flag, with allow to see the value using spy/diplomat unit.
Lachu
Elite

Post by Lachu »

I remind myselves the idea is inspired by Civilization VI diplomatic target idea. I don't know how to use it, when playing, but computer player have an visible target.