Production bonus in some cases.

What would you like to see in Freeciv? Do you have a good idea what should be improved or how?
Lachu
Elite

Production bonus in some cases.

Post by Lachu »

In Civilization IV, there's way to increase wonder production speed by acquiring some resources.

1. Freeciv should implement something similar
2. Additionally, some Wonders could been produced faster if player have some technology
3. In my opinion, civilian units (for example: settlers, engineers, scouts, etc.) should been build faster, when player have University in city.

Especially three point should make sense.
Lachu
Elite

Re: Production bonus in some cases.

Post by Lachu »

Other ideas could be:
1. Tanks could been produced faster, when factory is built in city
2. Warriors could been produced faster, when barracks is built in city
drgerg
Veteran

Post by drgerg »

good ideas!
What about a small wonder named Model T Ford Assembly Plant to decrease the time it takes to build anything in that city? What about specialty plants (Munitions Factory, Aircraft Factory, Dry Dock ) where you have to already built a Factory and a Manufacturing Plant (and Coastal Defense & Airport) before you can build these specialty plants.

These new buildings and wonders should have an expensive upkeep say 25 gold per turn, so that they don't unbalance the game more than they would already do. They could also contribute more to pollution. Anything to slow down the exponential curve of this game. I would suggest a requirement of Library, University, and Research Facility as a requirement for these specialty plants.

Also, you can just spend gold to speed up the time to build that unit.
Lachu
Elite

Post by Lachu »

I think, you are kidding me ;-( .

Spending gold to produce unit faster is already possible. I think, only one type specialized factory could been built in city.
drgerg
Veteran

Post by drgerg »

agreed! only one specialty plant per city, and the ongoing cost is the same whether or not you are building a unit in which that plant specializes.