New victory types.

What would you like to see in Freeciv? Do you have a good idea what should be improved or how?
Lachu
Elite

New victory types.

Post by Lachu »

I open this topic to let discus about new possibilities to achieve victory.

1) Diplomacy Victory
See this topic.
http://forum.freeciv.org/f/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=89955

So you achieve diplomacy victory if more than 50% people on the world likes your country. Mechanism of liking/disliking of country by people of another should be polished, but by supporting smaller/worse countries, we should receive more likes by people of this country than supporting bigger/better countries.
meynaf
Hardened

Re: New victory types.

Post by meynaf »

But, more than 50% of people ARE my country (usually). And they are happy enough. Does that mean I will automatically get diplomatic victory even if i never actually did any diplomatic action at all ?
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

meynaf wrote:But, more than 50% of people ARE my country (usually). And they are happy enough. Does that mean I will automatically get diplomatic victory even if i never actually did any diplomatic action at all ?
That would simply be a shortcut to military victory because if half of the world population is yours, then the final conquest is only a formality.
--
* Freeciv LongTurn, a community of one-turn-per-day players and developers
* LongTurn Blog - information nexus with stuff and stuff and stuff
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
Lachu
Elite

Post by Lachu »

meynaf wrote:But, more than 50% of people ARE my country (usually). And they are happy enough. Does that mean I will automatically get diplomatic victory even if i never actually did any diplomatic action at all ?
You have right - the idea must be polished. But I clarify, that smaller countries are more important.

Maybe better if 60 percent people of each country like us? That means for each country, more than 60 percent of people must like us.
meynaf
Hardened

Post by meynaf »

Corbeau wrote: That would simply be a shortcut to military victory because if half of the world population is yours, then the final conquest is only a formality.
I kinda like that kind of formality, destroying harmless civilizations :mrgreen:

Lachu wrote: You have right - the idea must be polished. But I clarify, that smaller countries are more important.

Maybe better if 60 percent people of each country like us? That means for each country, more than 60 percent of people must like us.
Counting in number of foreign countries rather than in overall population percentage would indeed solve that problem.