Mobilization

What would you like to see in Freeciv? Do you have a good idea what should be improved or how?
Lachu
Elite

Mobilization

Post by Lachu »

I'm lately a lot of playing Civilization III and Civilization IV. I think CivIV is best one, but CivIII is quite good. Also, I have played in Civilization V and Civilization VI.
I wrote up this topic, because there is mobilization mechanism in Civilization III. Mobilization increase production, when city is building military unit, but also cities cannot build not military buildings (as I remember). I think mobilization should be included in Civ2Civ3.ruleset.
wieder
Elite

Re: Mobilization

Post by wieder »

Mobilization? Would it be some kind of government or how you would switch to that mode?

One implementation loosely similar to this is creating cheaper military units that will cost population. For example riflemen costing half of the original but at the same time costing population. This is kind of mobilization where you turn your citizens into militia units.
Lachu
Elite

Post by Lachu »

You can run mobilization mode in some governments on adviser screen. I haven't use it yet, but read civilopedia about it.
GriffonSpade
Elite

Post by GriffonSpade »

Wouldn't this be doable with a Policy slider(2.6+)?
Lachu
Elite

Post by Lachu »

GriffonSpade wrote:Wouldn't this be doable with a Policy slider(2.6+)?
Probably not, because policy/multipliers multiply value of effects. Mobilization disallows to produce civilian buildings.
GriffonSpade
Elite

Post by GriffonSpade »

Lachu wrote:
GriffonSpade wrote:Wouldn't this be doable with a Policy slider(2.6+)?
Probably not, because policy/multipliers multiply value of effects. Mobilization disallows to produce civilian buildings.
Hmm, you're right. If you blocked the buildings, it would also block out their effects too, wouldn't it?
Lachu
Elite

Post by Lachu »

I don't know if blocking of building will also block effects. Civilopedia doesn't say anything about blocking effects of building, so I think the answer is no. I will start game in near future and test result. I also don't know mobilization was included in basic version of CivIII or in CivIII: Conquest or CivIII: Play The World.
Lachu
Elite

Post by Lachu »

I do some reverse engineering and documented this screenshot:
http://slawek.lach.art.pl/CivIIIConqCivilopedia.png

I must wrote, after mobilizing my nation, I can still product harbor. Harbor is rather peacefully building, so I don't know why can I build it.