FreeCiv Version 6.0 - Pollution and Population

What would you like to see in Freeciv? Do you have a good idea what should be improved or how?
Steve R.

FreeCiv Version 6.0 - Pollution and Population

Post by Steve R. »

I would like to see in the city display a "p" if there is pollution in the city. I keep missing the graphic representation of pollution in the view mode.

The demographic report needs to display the rate of population growth (1st, 2nd, 3rd). Knowing if you are first is good, but you may be losing ground because the rate is not known.

These suggestions are not bugs in the new version.
dunnoob
Elite

Re: FreeCiv Version 6.0 - Pollution and Population

Post by dunnoob »

Steve R. wrote:I keep missing the graphic representation of pollution in the view mode.
Me too, as a workaround I enabled message option popup in addition to the normal message, and if i can't fix it in the same turn I send a dummy unit (spy or rifleman) to the affected tile doing nothing: They show up as waiting for orders in the next turn(s) until I can replace them by workers or engineers for p. If I'm really lost I disable the terrain layer on the map temporarily to find forgotten pollutions.

Another trick, all terrains with less than 7 food+shields+trade need work, you can spot output "less than 7" on the map or the city popup also for city centres. Polluted tiles belong to the "less than 7" problems. I also tend to forget that hills or forests (without river) as city centre are just wrong, but that's about getting more production (=> more pollution until you have solar plants) or farms on grassland (=> food for my rules, city size 100 counts as victory.:P)