Option to make AI more Lucid

What would you like to see in Freeciv? Do you have a good idea what should be improved or how?
Bob

Option to make AI more Lucid

Post by Bob »

Perhaps there should be more advanced AI configurations when starting games/making rulesets(?) with AI, such as making them like C-Evo's AI where they won't use nor be affected by wonders that would normally affect the AI in some way (IE: Eiffel Tower wonder).
This thought came up after I couldn't for the life of me get the hard nor extreme mode AI to use nuclear weapons. I think there should be an option to dictate whether or not AI will care to use such things.
cazfi
Elite

Re: Option to make AI more Lucid

Post by cazfi »

Are you requesting something more than what is already possible in the rulesets thanks to the AI requirement type? In the supplied rulesets those are used for "Cheating AI" (and in 2.6 and later for "Handicapped AI") bonuses, but they can be used like any other requirement. I've had an entire government type available for AI players only (combining best parts of all other government types) to make them a bit more challenging.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Apologies I was a bit tipsy when I wrote that.
I think I was asking for an easier way of manipulating AI behaviors, which can already be done to an extent.
Can't seem to find any files pertaining directly to AI behaviors, where would I look for that info?
mir3x
Veteran

Post by mir3x »

Freeciv has only few developers, and they mostly do what they want, not what others want (Ok, I speak for myself :D, but thats probably true).

Answers to your question:No, there is no such option.
But you can create it:
First read what students of AGH did there:
http://www.dsp.agh.edu.pl/pl:dydaktyka:cg

Try to apply some code ( there is only source in pdf's),
improve, improve, add options to modify AI behaviour, improve, improve.

Send patches to https://gna.org/patch/?group=freeciv