Mangrove forest and volcanos tiles

What would you like to see in Freeciv? Do you have a good idea what should be improved or how?
Wahazar
Elite

Re: Mangrove forest and volcanos tiles

Post by Wahazar »

nef wrote:place:change_terrain("Volcano")
I tried it at the first glance, and also get nil reference error, I thought it is problem with place used as iterator.

But the solution is simply: edit function is implemented in 3.0, while I was using 2.6 version.
Augmented2 ruleset/modpack for freeciv2.6: http://forum.freeciv.org/f/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=91047
XYZ
Elite

Post by XYZ »

But the solution is simply: edit function is implemented in 3.0, while I was using 2.6 version.
So, we are getting volcanos? :D

I mean aesthetics are a value itself but will they change appearance? Smoking, exploding, inactive crater? Can the lava destroy randomly convert tiles around it?

On an other eye candy front. What about Antarctica style snowed mountains? The green around normal mountains looks kind of strange next to glacier tiles.
Wahazar
Elite

Post by Wahazar »

XYZ wrote:So, we are getting volcanos? :D
My idea wa to insert some random volcano using existing lua script - just eyecandy only,
and additionally, for warm-dry climate change, evolve mountains into volcano (it is even scientific accurate, global warming can increase seismic and volcano activity).
But this project is now suspended until 3.0 will be ready.

Generally terrain generation and terrain.spec properties are not supportive for any custom tiles.
I managed to generate Taiga tiles near Tundra tiles and that is all.
It is not possible to generate snowy mountains in cold biome and non-snowy in warm biome, separately
(they look at mountaneous property which is common for whole map, adding cold/warm property would change probability,
but still they will be mixed).
There is lack of something like logical AND of properties.
Augmented2 ruleset/modpack for freeciv2.6: http://forum.freeciv.org/f/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=91047