Counters

What would you like to see in Freeciv? Do you have a good idea what should be improved or how?
Lachu
Elite

Counters

Post by Lachu »

I see that achieving something makes culture grown. In my opinion, you could extend this mechanism for each event emitted by LUA. Counters are like multipliers, but only can grown. It grown by one on some event was emitted, like tile reveal, technology research, etc. You could use this in next step to implement (for example) eureka system, knowing from Civilization VI, current achievements system and many others. Unlike multipliers, counters are not exposed in policies dialog.
Alien Valkyrie
Elite

Re: Counters

Post by Alien Valkyrie »

Lachu wrote:but only can grown.
The way culture works currently, it can actually decrease. Firstly, there are two types of culture – History, which is accumulated over time, and Performance, which is tied to specific effects and disappears again when the effect ends. Secondly, culture exists on a city level and a national level, and when a city is captured (or lost), all of its culure goes to the new owner (or is lost). So culture can actually decrease.

But adding the possibilty for other counters sounds like a good idea.
~ AVL
Lachu
Elite

Re: Counters

Post by Lachu »

I forget, there's idea to making new governments system, based on selected card type (like in Civilization VI), but each policy/card bonus will increase over time. This could been achievement using counters.