Some background: I have some experience in writing computer-verified mathematical definitions and proofs that you can see here: https://puszcza.gnu.org.ua/projects/hol-proofs/; I also have contributed code to the HOL4 proof assistant; I have absolutely no skills with graphical design of any type; neither GUI nor game sprites, only with programming and mathematics. I am interested in formalizing mathematically some aspects of Freeciv; this could be extended to a more general framework for Civilization-like games that would allow Civilization V and Civilization VI as mere special cases. My motivation is to improve and expand the city governor of Freeciv using SAT solvers (so that it sets tax rate automatically and takes into account tiles that overlap between cities); for this, an unambiguous description of the problem must be written first (which I plan to do).
I can suggest an outline for something like what you want, which is related (but still very different) to my aforementioned plan to improve the city governor of Freeciv:
- Define a set of of Civilization-like games in HOL4 (or another proof assistant).
- Based on the documentation and observed behavior of Civilization V, define mathematically Civlization V using the above general framework.
- Make a very simple implementation (no fancy graphics or fancy interface) of this mathematical model. This would be a playable game, but would lack many amenities.
- Expand the simple implementation with better interface, multiplayer support, etc, until it becomes a playable game.
- Make better graphics (I can not work in this part).
If you are interested, please contact me by e-mail:
Code: Select all