Caravans and culture points: create happiness

What would you like to see in Freeciv? Do you have a good idea what should be improved or how?
Lachu
Elite

Caravans and culture points: create happiness

Post by Lachu »

I have idea about caravans and traderoutes. Traderoute could create happiness by culture points.

In city a there's taken culture points of city b and multiply by distance. These points will create happiness in city a. In city b there's taken culture points of city a and multiply by distance. These points will create happiness in city b.

It is normal that trading will create happiness, but it's related to cultural value of ware. Also exchanging information, like mythology or other religion related information will create happiness, so my idea is creating happiness by culture points.

Some knowledge (like art) could increase effect of culture happiness. Some wonders(like internet) could automatically establish information exchange and add happiness by cultural points, but this idea needs some work yet.

Additionally: difference in nationality could increase happiness output.

So adding happiness by culture due to trade is good idea and (in my opinion) makes freeciv more civilization simulator.

The idea could been used by big empire to reduce unhappiness.