Better Way of Defeating Opponents

What would you like to see in Freeciv? Do you have a good idea what should be improved or how?
Sideswipe

Better Way of Defeating Opponents

Post by Sideswipe »

When I'm at war, I'll have every single of my enemies cities, have destroyed every one of their units, save for possibly one military unit, and/or a couple of 'non-military' units, such as workers or explorers. This is frustrating, and isn't too realistic. I propose a solution. When all of the enemy's cities are conquered, if they have less than three military units, they will automatically lose, and the units deleted. If there are no miliary units left, any other units will be deleted and the enemy gone. Exceptions: If there are any Settlers, the player is still alive.
uncivilizedplayer

Re: Better Way of Defeating Opponents

Post by uncivilizedplayer »

The military unit could in theory conquer a city and restart his empire and defeat you.

build some AWACS and put them on carriers with cruise missiles to scan the planet.
The Square Cow
Veteran

Post by The Square Cow »

If you play a game with king (to do so just add a king unit to the starting units), then this problem won't happen. However, I do realize that this doesn't really do what you want.
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

uncivilizedplayer wrote:The military unit could in theory conquer a city and restart his empire and defeat you.
Anyh unit can find a village from a hut. One may negotiate to trade something one still has (tech, map) for a city.