Is there a half-turn-based mode in Freeciv?

What would you like to see in Freeciv? Do you have a good idea what should be improved or how?
kingkongkiller

Is there a half-turn-based mode in Freeciv?

Post by kingkongkiller »

Hi, it is the first time I come here.
I am wondering if there is a rule setting in Freeciv that making the game as a half-turn-based game.

And I am having an idea suggestitg an setting of half-turn.
That is like this:
a setting based on each player's "Command point", but not actting in a seperated turn or every player acting realtime on the same turn,
For example,
Each player has the begining "Command P", and he can use this Command P the buy the settles, workers etc. And then in the next turn, each players' "Command P" will be compare and arrange. (The comparing of Command P is Realtime). Who has the bigest "Command P' can move, the each action will cost a certain "Command P". This player can move until his "Command P" is less than any others. Then the next player to move.
Players will get the Command P by some ways, like with buildings, like Palace, Barrack can produce some Command P each turn. So the Order to act of each players will be relyed on the running of their empires, but not the APM or the internet speed. And if his Command P is used up in a turn, he cannot do more actions even though he still has units to move.
auth.gabor

Re: Is there a half-turn-based mode in Freeciv?

Post by auth.gabor »

I'm developing a Civilization variant, the game is played in semi-turns, at the beginning of each units are assigned movement time and step accumulation points, which are spent as they move and act. At the moment it is very similar to FreeCiv but mixed up with MMO capability.
Lachu
Elite

Re: Is there a half-turn-based mode in Freeciv?

Post by Lachu »

Many years ago there's option to enable meanwhile moving for many players for multiplayer games. Game check movement point and check there can be met. If so, player play in turn mode. (Correct me if I'm wrong).

You must know, that some Polish MMO have ambitions to do the same. And Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords have using similar system - there's some stats, which decide who moves.