GUI Details

What would you like to see in Freeciv? Do you have a good idea what should be improved or how?
Arbogast
Elite

Re: GUI Details

Post by Arbogast »

OK, been playing with Ozor Mox's and GriffonSpade's settings and suggestions and I'm a lot happier, even if it DOES slow things a bit.
Thanks you guys!

EDIT: Wait, wait. I can't set the Combat Animation beyond 100. I set it to 500, save it and it bounces back to 100. Same thing with Apply button, back to 100.
Recentering and Unit movement seem OK. Any ideas?
GriffonSpade
Elite

Post by GriffonSpade »

Arbogast wrote:OK, been playing with Ozor Mox's and GriffonSpade's settings and suggestions and I'm a lot happier, even if it DOES slow things a bit.
Thanks you guys!

EDIT: Wait, wait. I can't set the Combat Animation beyond 100. I set it to 500, save it and it bounces back to 100. Same thing with Apply button, back to 100.
Recentering and Unit movement seem OK. Any ideas?
100 is a hard coded cap, I imagine. Most combat will probably already take ~2000 ms at that setting already. (Not only does it go through each round of combat, it goes through the 5 explosion sprites as well.) It's part of the reason I was thinking of that Combat_Delay thing. That way it wouldn't even start showing the combat until X time after it actually happens, allowing the screen to center on them before it starts showing.
Arbogast
Elite

Post by Arbogast »

It looks like the settings should be rather high if one wants to see everything.
So I tried raising the 'Combat Animation' above 100 but it does it refuses. Even the scroll is whitened. I even tried a new game and no dice. :roll:
Arbogast
Elite

Post by Arbogast »

Come on guys! Why can't I get 'combat animation' beyond the 100 barrier?
GriffonSpade says it's hardcoded, so why every body else are able to change it?
Ozor Mox

Post by Ozor Mox »

Arbogast wrote:Come on guys! Why can't I get 'combat animation' beyond the 100 barrier?
GriffonSpade says it's hardcoded, so why every body else are able to change it?
I know this is quite a late reply, but no one can set it higher than 100 as it's a hard-coded limit. 100ms is for every step of the animation, so with it set to this, many combat animations will already take several seconds each. Is there a reason you want to set this even higher?
Arbogast
Elite

Post by Arbogast »

Sorry, my bad. I mixed up the three variables. I should have edited or deleted my posts. :oops:
Lachu
Elite

Post by Lachu »

I don't read whole topic - sorry.
I have an idea. Instead of changing movement speed and setting battle centric mode, make in-client last turn preview. User only moves map to location he/she needs and next click on button show last turn preview. In this case, animation is displaying what happens on previous turn is displayed, but only assigned to displayed territory.

This don't requires to change server code, but only client code.