Some ideas

What would you like to see in Freeciv? Do you have a good idea what should be improved or how?
Lachu
Elite

Some ideas

Post by Lachu »

I have some related ideas to improve Freeciv.

1. Kind of buldings(Kind of Universities, Cathedrals, etc.) - City can contains specified amount in effects.ruleset kind of some buildings. Imagine city can builds many levels of city walls, but maximum level is related to city size. Imagine there's religion aspect and cities could contains only two kind of cathedrals. It's more generalized idea than nreq of buildings.

2. Kind of technology tree. Each kind of university will produce another kind of science and player can research many technologies from different tress in parallel(Idea like in Civilization VI).

3. New action of catapult, called make hole in city walls. Catapult could boost attack for selected city of next unit placed on the same tile. After this attack hole was plumped by citizens, so not bonuses. This kind of catapult action will take full mv from catapult.
GriffonSpade
Elite

Re: Some ideas

Post by GriffonSpade »

Lachu wrote:3. New action of catapult, called make hole in city walls. Catapult could boost attack for selected city of next unit placed on the same tile. After this attack hole was plumped by citizens, so not bonuses. This kind of catapult action will take full mv from catapult.
I actually thought of something thematically similar, and probably easier to code: Ability for Catapult to simply try to destroy walls. It might be feasible in 3.0, since I do believe the single-building sabotage action enablers are something the devs are working on right now.
Lachu
Elite

Re: Some ideas

Post by Lachu »

4. Religions
There could be religions donation in tax rates. For example Catholicism and Judaism. Also Cathedrals would have belief. When build Cathedral, since some turns one citizens without belief would have assigned belief.

Each belief would have bonuses. Output of bonus is relation to belief donation * citizens of belief.

When player decrease donation for belief or destroy/sold Cathedral of some belief, citizens of this belief will be angry.