Option to disable alliances

What would you like to see in Freeciv? Do you have a good idea what should be improved or how?
Ozor Mox

Option to disable alliances

Post by Ozor Mox »

In games with many AI players, I always find the game forms into two opposing sides who then seem to fight a global war basically until one side is defeated or the game ends. This can be fun, but it means no wars breaking out from peace and no real changing alliances throughout the game. The AI chooses its friends and enemies early!

This seems to come from the AI's attitude of hating anyone that is allied with its enemies, or at war with its allies, so cease fires can never be signed and if they are, are broken almost immediately with "your aggression against X was your last mistake" etc.

What if there was a server option to disable alliances? Then these effects will be less pronounced.
pepeto

Re: Option to disable alliances

Post by pepeto »

Ozor Mox wrote:What if there was a server option to disable alliances? Then these effects will be less pronounced.
You can disable diplomacy with setting 'diplomacy' to DISABLED. You might also set teams. But currently, there is no way to disable alliance.
fritzeeh

Re: Option to disable alliances

Post by fritzeeh »

I am not a fan of alliances. I'd like to have such too.