effects.ruleset

What would you like to see in Freeciv? Do you have a good idea what should be improved or how?
dagriggstar

effects.ruleset

Post by dagriggstar »

Would it be possible to move a lot of the info contained in the effects file to say the buildings or government ruleset file ? And perhaps set everything out more clearly ? I mean as it stands it's quite difficult to understand exactly what is possible/not possible with modding the effects file, you would have to read through the entire thing to work that out, since there isn't a list of possible effects or similar anywhere.
cazfi
Elite

Re: effects.ruleset

Post by cazfi »

dagriggstar wrote:Would it be possible to move a lot of the info contained in the effects file to say the buildings or government ruleset file ? And perhaps set everything out more clearly ? I mean as it stands it's quite difficult to understand
Unfortunately so, but I have no idea how to make it simpler to human eye without losing functionality. While it would be nice to have things the building enables near the building description itself, and things government enables near the government description, which one should win when an effect has both building and government requirement (effect is enabled in a city with certain building if player runs certain government)? Same of course applies to all effect requirement types.
dagriggstar wrote:there isn't a list of possible effects or similar anywhere.
doc/README.effects
http://freeciv.wikia.com/wiki/Editing_R ... leset_file