Ver 2.4 changes and new features

What would you like to see in Freeciv? Do you have a good idea what should be improved or how?
Jim-11

Ver 2.4 changes and new features

Post by Jim-11 »

Mods, please feel free to move this thread to your new sub forum on the latest version. :D I only recently began using version 2.4, and I do like it. I tried to find either a manual or a change log, but the Wiki site tells me only:
"The new stable version, 2.4.0, is not yet documented here." Does anyone have a list of changes that are less obvious than the improved graphics?

One problem I have with v 2.4 is selecting multiple units. I have not yet been able to figure out how to select multiple units in one location. Suppose, for example, that I have a tile with three workers and nothing else. How do I use the pop up box to select and activate those three workers? I did manage to select and activate once, by random clicking, and the three workers did move to the place I wanted them to go, but an unrelated unit in a different location also moved to the destination. :( It gets more complicated if there are different types of units on that tile, like caravans plus a few workers plus several military units for example. How can I select only the workers and make them active so they can easily be moved without disturbing the other units that should stay at that location? In v 2.3, that was easy to do by clicking an obvious button or two in the pop up box, but it is much more complicated in v 2.4. So far, the only work around I have is to double click one of the workers so it is now the active unit, and then use shift-v to select all the workers at that spot. Unfortunately, I have already inadvertently hit shift-c in error a couple of times when trying to select the workers at one spot, and then all the workers in the game stop what they were doing and just flash at me in what I interpret to be the Freeciv equivalent of a rude gesture. :shock: Any help or suggestions will be most welcome. :)
cazfi
Elite

Re: Ver 2.4 changes and new features

Post by cazfi »

Jim-11 wrote:"The new stable version, 2.4.0, is not yet documented here." Does anyone have a list of changes that are less obvious than the improved graphics?
http://freeciv.wikia.com/wiki/NEWS-2.4.0