my wishlist

What would you like to see in Freeciv? Do you have a good idea what should be improved or how?
Alien Valkyrie
Elite

Re: my wishlist

Post by Alien Valkyrie »

Arbogast wrote:I have a lot wish things... But, to me the most important one is the "Settings" one. I don't play to kill everybody, but how to be the first in the class. So I start a lot of new games and it gets a little frustrating having to go thru all those "More Game Options". I save them, and it tells me that those settings have being saved in that deep folder (.freeciv) -notice the dot. But when I go there I can't find anything. Much less how to call back those settings in a new game.
It's there a way?
I think the easiest way is to save the settings with the server command "write" to a .serv file, which can then be loaded with the "read" command. However, I think they search in different locations, so for one of them, you need to write "data/" in front of the file name. Also, for the write command, you need to add ".serv" to the end of the file name, but for the read command, you don't.
~ AVL
djconklin
Veteran

Re: my wishlist

Post by djconklin »

>And you would end up with a research-page for every city. I don't think you really want that.

I hadn't thought of doing it that way--interesting! If it is easier to do than to have multiple teams per country, then I'd say do it.

More on the wishlist:

1) more detail research tree with specific inventions--for example in a game by Paradox on WW2 you can work on the size of the gun, amount of armor etc.
2) combined arms
3) All units in a hex attack all units in a hex
4) Be able to set up a food run
5) Grow grains, make beer
6) Raise cattle, make meat and hides/clothes
7) grow flax and make sails
8) grow hemp and make rope
9) resources appropriate for the era. Bronze age we find copper and tin; iron age: then we find iron ore (and coal?).