Wishlist

What would you like to see in Freeciv? Do you have a good idea what should be improved or how?
gm1530

Wishlist

Post by gm1530 »

Some ideas about Freeciv...

1. Add in scenario format the string: tilesetdir="???" under rulesetdir="???".
2. Script lua for changing the diplomatic relationship. In example: edit.diplomat(nation_typeA or player, nation_typeB or player, ''diplrela'').
3. Script lua for setting AI about movement. I would like to re-create D-Day in my scenario. I think... edit.ai_move(nation_type or player, unit, tileA, tileB), where I set English, all units in the zone ''tileA'' and the rendez-vous point ''tileB''.
4. Add bbcode support in Lua script (ie. notify): bold, italic, image, etc.
5. Integrate choice in Lua script. In example a pop-up with ''Alert, riot in CityYYY''. You can choice: nothing or suppress.
cazfi
Elite

Re: Wishlist

Post by cazfi »

gm1530 wrote:1. Add in scenario format the string: tilesetdir="???" under rulesetdir="???".
Ruleset can define preferred tileset (one that has gfx for all the units etc present in ruleset). Starting from 2.5 also preferred soundset. Note that savegame (and ruleset) are handled in server side, while tileset is at client side, often on another computer altogether.
gm1530 wrote:4. Add bbcode support in Lua script (ie. notify): bold, italic, image, etc.
It's not bbcode, but we have featured text. Unfortunately only chat-windows of gtk-clients are able to display it at the moment - otherwise clients just strip away the control characters.
sveinung
Elite

Post by sveinung »

gm1530 wrote:5. Integrate choice in Lua script. In example a pop-up with ''Alert, riot in CityYYY''. You can choice: nothing or suppress.
I tried to create a (way to ambitious) mod back in 2011. Since then I have been toying with the idea of generalized actions. In trunk a disaster can have its effect implemented in Lua if no hard coded disaster effect does what a rule set author wants. The same could be done for generalized actions. By using a generalized action and a message you would be able to do something similar: A message would tell the player about the riot and that he now is able to suppress it. At the same time the "Suppress riot" action would become enabled in the city. If taken the Lua code you had in mind would run. Would that cover your use case?

To avoid confusion: I am currently working on generalized action enablers. Generalized action enablers makes the preconditions of an action rule set configurable. The actions them self are still like they always have been. While generalized action enablers are a step towards generalized actions the question above is hypothetical. I don't know if I'll be able to create generalized actions that are fast enough and otherwise fit for Freeciv or if I will have time to try.
gm1530

Post by gm1530 »

Thank you for your prompt response!

About point 3... Maybe there is the possibility to add a Lua script for changing or setting a trait! I've thought about the possibility to insert a new trait ''Conqueror'' where I can set targets (cities) with a Lua script. I don't know the code and I don't know if it's possible... or more easy... It's just an idea.
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

gm1530 wrote:Thank you for your prompt response!

About point 3... Maybe there is the possibility to add a Lua script for changing or setting a trait! I've thought about the possibility to insert a new trait ''Conqueror'' where I can set targets (cities) with a Lua script. I don't know the code and I don't know if it's possible... or more easy... It's just an idea.
Changing trait values is possible with lua. See "Adjusting traits during game" in http://freeciv.wikia.com/wiki/Traits