Freeciv is in RUINS!

What would you like to see in Freeciv? Do you have a good idea what should be improved or how?
Jim-11

Freeciv is in RUINS!

Postby Jim-11 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:58 am

The ugly black glob that results when an enemy city is destroyed was "cute" at first, but it is a major nuisance now. Those black globs are not only ugly, but they also prevent one from seeing the features on that tile. If I do not build a new city on top of the same tile, then I am stuck with an ugly black blob for the rest of the game. Surely, the game developers can find another way to make the black blob go away after a while. Here are a few suggestions:

Improvement: Any improvement (road, irrigation, mining, etc.) to the tile would also eliminate the black blob;

Restore: Just like cleaning pollution, workers could be tasked with restoring to make the black blob disappear;

Time: Make the black blob fade away and disappear after 10 turns, or maybe 20, or even 50 turns!

A little effort by the developers to eliminate the black blob nuisance will pay big results in making Freeciv more enjoyable to play.

Caedo
Elite

Re: Freeciv is in RUINS!

Postby Caedo » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:46 am

Ruins are considered a base (like a fortress or airbase) by the game, so you can simply pillage the ruins. They will also disappear if the terrain is transformed into another type.
And whenever you can't see all the details of a tile because of something on top of it, you can use the middle button on your mouse to get detailed information by clicking the tile.

Jim-11

Re: Freeciv is in RUINS!

Postby Jim-11 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:36 am

Thanks! I tried many times to find a way for workers to clean ruins, but I did not think about pillage instead. Pillage works great, and it is quick too, once you know to look for it.