Where is svg freeciv-icon?

Contribute, display and discuss art and tilesets for use in Freeciv here.
lithzen

Where is svg freeciv-icon?

Post by lithzen »

I can't find. So I made it.
If you want, use it.
Attachments
freeciv_icon.svg
(3.39 KiB) Downloaded 291 times
cazfi
Elite

Re: Where is svg freeciv-icon?

Post by cazfi »

Looking at the version history it seems that our current icons are not derived from any .svg. We used to have .svg based icons, but then updated to current ones.
Also, we don't have generic 'freeciv' icon, as there is not a single 'freeciv' program. Instead we have freeciv-server and freeciv-client icons at the minimum. Depending on platform we also have icons for the tools like modpack installer, and ruledit (actually we have no icon for this, but we should -> lack of it is a longstanding issue). There have also been suggestions that different clients (gtk2/gtk3/gtk3.22/qt/sdl2/gtk4, where gtk2 and gtk3 are no longer present in main development branch and gtk4 is only in the process of being developed) should have different icons (e.g. differentiated by the color of the globe), but I don't think that has been implemented anywhere. In theory such a differentation could go for modpack installer UIs too (gtk2/gtk3/gtk4/qt/command line, where gtk2 is no longer present in main development branch)
lithzen

Post by lithzen »

Thank you for your detailed explanation.
There are several wanted icons, and I want to help if possible. Is the lack of these icons caused by some technical problems, or just shortage of hands?

When I write wrong sentences, it maybe by google translate and me. I'm sorry about my poor English skills.
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

I'm not aware of any technical problems. We've just had nobody to contribute them.

I suggest you start with the ruledit (ruleset editor) icon that is completely missing at the moment, and is the most urgently needed one. We can also use it as a test case for tackling any technical challenges (such as converting to all the different formats that different platforms expect).
lithzen

Post by lithzen »

Here is an icon of ruledit.
It is some kind of a prototype, and better expressions/colorings may be needed.

This file doesn't have title. Uploading .svg file that has "title" tag occurs such error.
ERROR: The upload was rejected because the uploaded file was identified as a possible attack vector.
Attachments
ruledit.svg
(1.57 KiB) Downloaded 258 times
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

lithzen wrote:Here is an icon of ruledit.
Thank you. Made a patch and attached to hrm #657383