gfx for scientist needed

Contribute, display and discuss art and tilesets for use in Freeciv here.
Wahazar
Elite

gfx for scientist needed

Post by Wahazar »

While science trade is overpowered in case of multiplayer game, disabling it and using only diplomats/spies for tech exchange is annoying and
exaggerated the other way.
I need some artist help to create Scientist unit - which allow to 'steal' science, but only from allied/peace nation.
Also his predecessor Philosopher (similar function, but steal random instead of target) would be also welcome.
Augmented2 ruleset/modpack for freeciv2.6: http://forum.freeciv.org/f/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=91047
XYZ
Elite

Re: gfx for scientist needed

Post by XYZ »

While science trade is overpowered in case of multiplayer game, disabling it and using only diplomats/spies for tech exchange is annoying and
exaggerated the other way.
I need some artist help to create Scientist unit - which allow to 'steal' science, but only from allied/peace nation.
Also his predecessor Philosopher (similar function, but steal random instead of target) would be also welcome.
My man Wahazar. You know I can't resist making units for you. Turned the money diplomat into a lab scientist. Like it? Added a DNA strand in the upper left corner. Remove it if you don't like it. Guess you want one for amplio too.
Attachments
Scientist trident2.png
Scientist trident2.png (843 Bytes) Viewed 8192 times
Last edited by XYZ on Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XYZ
Elite

Post by XYZ »

Not the best. The emissary it's based on is a mess. I did it rather quickly. Greek Phi in the upper right corner. He is holding a pyramid.
Attachments
Philosopher trident.png
Philosopher trident.png (818 Bytes) Viewed 8188 times
XYZ
Elite

Post by XYZ »

Philosopher Amplio
Attachments
Philosopher Amplio.png
Philosopher Amplio.png (1.59 KiB) Viewed 8168 times
XYZ
Elite

Post by XYZ »

Scientist Amplio. Lemme know if you want something changed!
Attachments
Scientist Amplio.png
Scientist Amplio.png (1.31 KiB) Viewed 8168 times
Wahazar
Elite

Post by Wahazar »

Nice! However not sure if this pyramid is necessary, maybe this scroll from messenger would be sufficient and more clear.
Augmented2 ruleset/modpack for freeciv2.6: http://forum.freeciv.org/f/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=91047
XYZ
Elite

Post by XYZ »

Nice! However not sure if this pyramid is necessary, maybe this scroll from messenger would be sufficient and more clear.
Haha, the pyramid was too big. But Pythagoras needs his pyramid. I really wanted to be sure you can distinguish him from the emissary.
Attachments
Philosopher Amplio3.png
Philosopher Amplio3.png (1.57 KiB) Viewed 8140 times