Amplio graphics

Contribute, display and discuss art and tilesets for use in Freeciv here.
XYZ
Elite

Re: Amplio graphics

Post by XYZ »

Any chance to add grenadiers?
Pick your poison Wahazar!
Attachments
Grenadier7.png
Grenadier7.png (1.2 KiB) Viewed 15437 times
Grenadier5.png
Grenadier5.png (1.17 KiB) Viewed 15437 times
Grenadier4.png
Grenadier4.png (1.21 KiB) Viewed 15437 times
Wahazar
Elite

Post by Wahazar »

Obviously first poison (position?) with this cute small bomb.
I know that Grenadiers where just elite assault troops, not necessary related to throwing grenades, but its natural successor sprite, stormtrooper, also have grenade, thus it fits well.
Augmented2 ruleset/modpack for freeciv2.6: http://forum.freeciv.org/f/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=91047
Wahazar
Elite

Post by Wahazar »

I made these for my ruleset, but maybe they will be useful for else one:
mech warrior:
warmech_a.png
warmech_a.png (2.92 KiB) Viewed 15385 times
drone:
drone_a.png
drone_a.png (2.57 KiB) Viewed 15385 times
Drawings based on renders of free 3d models, authors respectively: Link293, shadowwolf75.
Augmented2 ruleset/modpack for freeciv2.6: http://forum.freeciv.org/f/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=91047
XYZ
Elite

Post by XYZ »

I made these for my ruleset, but maybe they will be useful for else one:
mech warrior:
Thanks, I intended to end the timeline of most of the units in the 90ies when Freeciv was created (besides the drone). Anyhow, I will add a second infantry row to accommadate more infantry and then I will have to stop indefinitely because of time constraints. At least I got further and faster than expected but it will remain unfinished unless somebody takes it up but that is from my experience unlikely.
XYZ
Elite

Post by XYZ »

Added the promised second infantry line but its also where I stop.
Attachments
Units30.png
nef
Elite

Post by nef »

A fine set to choose from but 2 comments:

1. There appears to be some units in the trident list not in amplio2. Any chance of completing the latter?

2. As XYZ said in the original threadhttp://forum.freeciv.org/f/viewtopic.ph ... =50#p97865: can these (trident & amplio2) be included in distros without all cimpletoon equivalents? Not everyone needs to use cimpletoon; not everyone needs to use ANY of these additional units; not ANYONE will need to use any of them if they stick to the supplied rulesets, so in reality where is the problem? (jtn?) Do we have to live in constant fear of the dreaded word: cimpletoon?
XYZ
Elite

Post by XYZ »

1. There appears to be some units in the trident list not in amplio2. Any chance of completing the latter?
Well, both templates are unfinished. A few units are missing in either graphic, some lack in quality but you will find enough units that are in both graphics ready for use you just have to check. Unfortunately I dont have the time anymore to produce units or bring them up to the quality standards. I said it many times, its not that hard to produce units you can even download a pic, cut out the background, resize the image, change a few pixel and voila you got a new unit. I already did the main part the only thing that is missing, is somoene to finish the job...
Wahazar
Elite

Post by Wahazar »

Graphics for Riot Police:
riot_police_a.png
riot_police_a.png (2.04 KiB) Viewed 15108 times
Author of original graphics for civ3 is Wyrmshadow from civfanatics forum, he agreed to reuse his artwork.

Such unit, together with Halberdiers and Warriors, can be used as new trait of weak but cheap units, which can be used to enforce martial law.
XYZ
Elite

Post by XYZ »

Tachanka
Attachments
Tachanka5.png
Tachanka5.png (2.74 KiB) Viewed 14673 times
XYZ
Elite

Post by XYZ »

Updated template. Still some to go...
Attachments
Units55.png
Last edited by XYZ on Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.