Trident graphics

Contribute, display and discuss art and tilesets for use in Freeciv here.
XYZ
Elite

Re: Trident graphics

Post by XYZ »

Patriot-trident
Attachments
patriot-trident.png
patriot-trident.png (887 Bytes) Viewed 10724 times
XYZ
Elite

Post by XYZ »

Small update thanks to Hans Lemurson. It hasn't nearly as many units as the Amplio "super" png has and if I had the time I would try to put them in the same order with a proper grid but...
I'm always looking for new units to include!
Attachments
units-trident-16.png
Hans Lemurson
Veteran

Post by Hans Lemurson »

The ship at (Row:7 Col:6) actually looks like a nicer candidate for "square rigged caravel" than the one that I drew (row:8,col:8). Mine is much more slender and in comparison looks like a regular "caravel". Technically, that (7,6) ship is a "Nau" rather than a "Caravel", but those two ships were contemporaneous, and it certainly looks like the "Big Brother" of mine.

Now, for your consideration, here are the 4 ships I've worked on:
  1. The "Longboat", is mostly the same as yours but I've added some bow waves to it.
  2. The "Square-Rigged Caravel", which you have already added.
  3. The "Flagship Frigate" which I've edited and refined extensively should replace the old monstrosity at (Row:7,Col:9)
  4. The "Paddle Steamer" I shrank it to fit gracefully within 30x30 constraints. Goes at (Row:7, Col:10)
Attachments
units_LT.png
units_LT.png (2.52 KiB) Viewed 10231 times
Wishes he could convert Civ2's scenarios to FreeCiv...
But instead, he made his own tileset variants, RoundSquare and Sextant-enHANSed, and refuses to play on anything else. Check them out!
XYZ
Elite

Post by XYZ »

The ship at (Row:7 Col:6) actually looks like a nicer candidate for "square rigged caravel" than the one that I drew (row:8,col:8). Mine is much more slender and in comparison looks like a regular "caravel". Technically, that (7,6) ship is a "Nau" rather than a "Caravel", but those two ships were contemporaneous, and it certainly looks like the "Big Brother" of mine.

Now, for your consideration, here are the 4 ships I've worked on:
The "Longboat", is mostly the same as yours but I've added some bow waves to it.
The "Square-Rigged Caravel", which you have already added.
The "Flagship Frigate" which I've edited and refined extensively should replace the old monstrosity at (Row:7,Col:9)
The "Paddle Steamer" I shrank it to fit gracefully within 30x30 constraints. Goes at (Row:7, Col:10)
Fit them in. Thanks for modifying! The whole trident super-png is a bit messy. Needs proper grids, however, since it's so rarely used I have stopped putting more effort into it. But don't let me stop you from changing it.
Attachments
units-trident-18.png
XYZ
Elite

Post by XYZ »

Made the grid and added some scattered trident graphics. It should be now in line with the amplio super-png.
Attachments
super_png_23.png
Last edited by XYZ on Sun May 31, 2020 12:54 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Hans Lemurson
Veteran

Post by Hans Lemurson »

Nice! Good work.
Wishes he could convert Civ2's scenarios to FreeCiv...
But instead, he made his own tileset variants, RoundSquare and Sextant-enHANSed, and refuses to play on anything else. Check them out!
XYZ
Elite

Post by XYZ »

Nice! Good work.
Thanks! Added some units where you just had to change some colours. Contributions from skilled artists like you are always welcomed!
XYZ
Elite

Post by XYZ »

Added a lot of new units. Mostly just paint jobs but a few new ones as well. I also integrated some of Corbeaus creations.
Attachments
super_png_36.png