Geopolitical correction to standard tileset(s)

Contribute, display and discuss art and tilesets for use in Freeciv here.
XYZ
Elite

Re: Geopolitical correction to standard tileset(s)

Post by XYZ »

I meant that "official"-"default" nation that as far as Im concerned is called nation.ruleset.
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

Well, the flag image is not an issue of nation.ruleset.
--
* Freeciv LongTurn, a community of one-turn-per-day players and developers
* LongTurn Blog - information nexus with stuff and stuff and stuff
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
dunnoob
Elite

Post by dunnoob »

XYZ wrote:Only problem is that is has been stuck forever and Im to incompetent to push through... :P
Well, at least it's a known problem, but my 2.5.6 tracking request is now obsolete. On HRM the tracking is apparently automatical, if you submit an issue for 2.5.10 it ends up in 2.5.10. Of course the admins can change it to, say, 3.1.0.

More competence would require more rights. For SVN it was relatively simple, the opposite of co (check out) would be check in. For github I'm lost, one way is fork + pull request, but that sounds like nuking spies.:) Submitting patches again on HRM presumably won't help, all developers are busy with code, and have no time for nations/flags/scenarios, let alone wiki/forum/web site admin crap.

Back to the question of alternative flags, the Freeciv Catalan flag does not have a blue or red star. Maybe Freeciv should get an aspirant nations group, if we can determine some way to reject nonsense. :?:
Alien Valkyrie
Elite

Post by Alien Valkyrie »

dunnoob wrote:More competence would require more rights. For SVN it was relatively simple, the opposite of co (check out) would be check in. For github I'm lost, one way is fork + pull request, but that sounds like nuking spies.:) Submitting patches again on HRM presumably won't help, all developers are busy with code, and have no time for nations/flags/scenarios, let alone wiki/forum/web site admin crap.
Typically, when working with github, fork + pull request would be the way to go (that's how git works). However, the only thing Freeciv currently uses github for is hosting its source code. Changes are made via patches on HRM, which, of course, means more work for the maintainers.
~ AVL
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

Caedo wrote:Typically, when working with github, fork + pull request would be the way to go (that's how git works). However, the only thing Freeciv currently uses github for is hosting its source code. Changes are made via patches on HRM, which, of course, means more work for the maintainers.
We can take github pull requests. It's not necessary to attach patch as a file to hrm ticket. However, hrm ticket is always needed for having single place for the review process.
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

I just got reminded of this so it could use a bump. Anybody with the proper connections reading this?
--
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
XYZ
Elite

Post by XYZ »

No connections... However, although my art skills vanished over time I think I'm still able to draw quickly any simple flag you wish.
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

There is a flag in the stream, it only needs to reach the destination.
--
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

dunnoob wrote:The current time required to fix a flag is at a minimum of three years
Yes, we don't have nations maintainer at the moment (I guess it's safe to say Jos has gone since his last commit was April 2014). Any volunteers?