AmplioHexBig 2.5

Contribute, display and discuss art and tilesets for use in Freeciv here.
cazfi
Elite
Posts: 1472
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:54 pm

Re: AmplioHexBig 2.5

Postby cazfi » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:10 pm

JTN wrote:
GriffonSpade wrote:And I made a quick oil rig for oceanic terrain. Mostly just giving the oil derrick a platform.

Oh, thank you for that. That was bugging me about 2.6 (where civ2civ3 will support ocean "mines").

The ruleset has to make them separate extra, though, for them to have different gfx. That's not the case at the moment, I think.

User avatar
JTN
Elite
Posts: 426
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:15 am

Re: AmplioHexBig 2.5

Postby JTN » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:49 pm

Will you be adding the high-visibility outlines to unit activity icons in ampliohexbig, as you have for the shipped tilesets?

User avatar
GriffonSpade
Elite
Posts: 577
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:41 pm

Re: AmplioHexBig 2.5

Postby GriffonSpade » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:46 pm

v2.5.09 is up!

bridges, new roads and maglevs, rubber, oil rig, high visibility extra work icon among other things made it in their finalized 2.5.09 versions.

User avatar
GriffonSpade
Elite
Posts: 577
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:41 pm

Re: AmplioHexBig 2.5

Postby GriffonSpade » Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:01 pm

Have you praised the sun today?
Edit: Image Removed.
Had some inspiration and whipped this up. Red, Orange, Yellow, Blue, White, Black Hole, and Neutron stars and septars.
Intended to be placed on a starfield base layer, but probably fine without it.
Haven't done any testing in game yet, but I'm pondering on planets and starfields right now. Of course, any space-planet based map would need to be hand-crafted due to the lack of map generator support.
Last edited by GriffonSpade on Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

sveinung
Elite
Posts: 427
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:50 pm

Re: AmplioHexBig 2.5

Postby sveinung » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:02 pm

GriffonSpade wrote:Hexside thing didn't really pan out. Didn't feel like messing with maglev tonight, so made this for alio/alien. (No spec)

Is this version ready to be added to alio? (I may have missed GriffonSpade declaring that it isn't ready or cazfi objecting to it)

If it is ready: do you need someone to commit it to Freeciv for you?

cazfi
Elite
Posts: 1472
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:54 pm

Re: AmplioHexBig 2.5

Postby cazfi » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:08 pm

sveinung wrote:
GriffonSpade wrote:Hexside thing didn't really pan out. Didn't feel like messing with maglev tonight, so made this for alio/alien. (No spec)

Is this version ready to be added to alio? (I may have missed GriffonSpade declaring that it isn't ready or cazfi objecting to it)

I've not objected, but it has been too low in my TODO. If you have time, I would appreciate if you can make .spec suitable for alio, and wrap this to a ticket.

sveinung
Elite
Posts: 427
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:50 pm

Re: AmplioHexBig 2.5

Postby sveinung » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:50 pm

cazfi wrote:
sveinung wrote:
GriffonSpade wrote:Hexside thing didn't really pan out. Didn't feel like messing with maglev tonight, so made this for alio/alien. (No spec)

Is this version ready to be added to alio? (I may have missed GriffonSpade declaring that it isn't ready or cazfi objecting to it)

I've not objected, but it has been too low in my TODO. If you have time, I would appreciate if you can make .spec suitable for alio, and wrap this to a ticket.

I think I can get it done this week end.

User avatar
GriffonSpade
Elite
Posts: 577
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:41 pm

Re: AmplioHexBig 2.5

Postby GriffonSpade » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:10 am

v2.5.10 is up. The alio stuff I've done is adapted into XU. Also created the a6bGT tileset, which currently only has tiles, planets, stars, and units. (Maintains backwards compatibility with default rulesets through normal a6b to prevent accidental selection crashes)

Here's my current version of stubspace, the ruleset I'm using to test GT stuff. It's not complete or anything, but you can see the tiles and units interact.
stubspace v2.5.01.zip
(25.8 KiB) Downloaded 196 times


I've noticed that there seems to be a draw error with units that touch the bottom of their box in the production menu. It seems to reduplicate that bottom row of pixels repeatedly. If I remember, I'll report that later.

sveinung
Elite
Posts: 427
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:50 pm

Re: AmplioHexBig 2.5

Postby sveinung » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:41 am

sveinung wrote:I think I can get it done this week end.

Submitted to gna.

GriffonSpade: Could you please comment on what artists should be credited? Did I include too many? Are the Wesnoth people mentioned?

I would also appreciate if you could review my patch and tell me if you found any errors. I'm not experienced with writing tileset spec files.

User avatar
GriffonSpade
Elite
Posts: 577
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:41 pm

Re: AmplioHexBig 2.5

Postby GriffonSpade » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:33 am

sveinung wrote:
sveinung wrote:I think I can get it done this week end.

Submitted to gna.

GriffonSpade: Could you please comment on what artists should be credited? Did I include too many? Are the Wesnoth people mentioned?

I would also appreciate if you could review my patch and tell me if you found any errors. I'm not experienced with writing tileset spec files.


Sadly, I don't know which Wesnoth artists should be credited: They aren't listed that I could see.

The rest are from amplio2, modified by me.

thermal vent from oil rig
glowing rocks (if you settled on the green one) from coal
radiating rocks/alien forest bg from tundra
(huge plant, alien mine, alien forest fg from battle for wesnoth)

for the other files put into the other thread,
brown and green rivers from amplio2 rivers
tunnels and burrow tubes by me

Finding out who exactly has done what sprites is difficult when they aren't listed individually. (Such as the units spec is done)