AmplioHexBig 2.5

Contribute, display and discuss art and tilesets for use in Freeciv here.
sveinung
Elite

Re: AmplioHexBig 2.5

Post by sveinung »

Thank you, GriffonSpade.

Update: Committed. Let me know if you discover any bugs my modifications introduced.
bard
Veteran

Post by bard »

cazfi wrote:
JTN wrote:
GriffonSpade wrote:And I made a quick oil rig for oceanic terrain. Mostly just giving the oil derrick a platform.
Oh, thank you for that. That was bugging me about 2.6 (where civ2civ3 will support ocean "mines").
The ruleset has to make them separate extra, though, for them to have different gfx. That's not the case at the moment, I think.
I made this patch for civ2civ3 some time ago, where this new oil rig gfx comes very handy.
GriffonSpade
Elite

Post by GriffonSpade »

sveinung wrote:Thank you, GriffonSpade.

Update: Committed. Let me know if you discover any bugs my modifications introduced.
The only thing I see offhand, is that my test spec has L1 sprite for radiating rocks and alien forest referenced. They're just a reference to a blank tile (2, 1), but AFAIK they're still needed. (The layer's match_type is used by oceanic terrain's match_with) [Besides the whole being for 2.6 instead of my 2.5 spec]
sveinung
Elite

Post by sveinung »

GriffonSpade wrote:The only thing I see offhand, is that my test spec has L1 sprite for radiating rocks and alien forest referenced. They're just a reference to a blank tile (2, 1), but AFAIK they're still needed. (The layer's match_type is used by oceanic terrain's match_with)
What is the exact issue? Is it bad style, could it cause problems in the future or does it cause problems I weren't able to see? Is this documented anywhere?

Bug filed. Fix included.
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

Now that Sveinung is working on these tilesets, I think some things have been updated in ampliohexbig that should be ported to hexemplio...
JTN
Elite

Post by JTN »

GriffonSpade wrote:I've noticed that there seems to be a draw error with units that touch the bottom of their box in the production menu. It seems to reduplicate that bottom row of pixels repeatedly. If I remember, I'll report that later.
See bug #20534.
GriffonSpade
Elite

Post by GriffonSpade »

JTN wrote:See bug #20534.
Hmm, that's quite an old one, isn't it? I've actually already done the necessary changes to he PNG for a02, though. Just hoping to get an idea for some of the missing GFX beforehand.
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

I'm checking tilesets against a long time ago (2003) obsoleted 'flags_are_transparent' (they always are) and amplio2hexbig seems to be one of the tilesets having such an unused definition (with high enough debug level client says that it's unused entry).
GriffonSpade
Elite

Post by GriffonSpade »

I'm alive! been unable to access internet since November. Noticed a bug with latest released version, void0 and void00 are still read as void2 and void3 in XU tilespecs, breaking them. Will have some updates in the next couple weeks hopefully.
GriffonSpade
Elite

Post by GriffonSpade »

v2.5.11 up! With lots of changes. Got a lot of things I wanted done in here. Some embellishments from BFW, more hill and mountain variations, and even bogs (and a foliated version in mangroves, both having oceanic and land versions) I also broke down the files into something a bit more modular, and also licensed my own original stuff as CC0. Basically, any terrain or anything with more than a dozen or so versions has its own file. Also altered a lot of file names to make them sorted better.

I think the BFW style transparent black and white lines for map grid look much better than the previous black lines too.

Noticed Commandoes unit reference is missing, along with a few typos and other minor mistakes.