AmplioHexBig 2.5

Contribute, display and discuss art and tilesets for use in Freeciv here.
JTN
Elite

Re: AmplioHexBig 2.5

Post by JTN »

Thank you!

In 2.5.12, there's a stray comma which causes an error from the client.

Code: Select all

; terrain - layer 1
  5,    0,  "t.l1.space1",
                        "t.l1.deepspace1",
causes this error:

Code: Select all

1: Small sprite "grid_main.tiles0" invalid: In secfile_lookup_str_vec() [registry_ini.c:1944]: secfile '/home/jtn/.freeciv/2.5/ampliohexbig/GT/terrain00.spec' in section 'NULL': An error occurred when looking up to "grid_main.tiles0.tag,2" entry.
Removing the trailing comma fixes the error.
GriffonSpade
Elite

Post by GriffonSpade »

Alrighty, I replaced the part3 file with v2.5.12.1. The patchnotes in the post are updated, but the ones in the zip itself aren't. It also no longer claims AmplioHexBigZ is a ruleset :P.
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

Ok, maybe I'm a bit thick, but I'm new to all this. When you get the time, can you share a quick idiot's guide for installing all those tilesets?
--
* Freeciv LongTurn, a community of one-turn-per-day players and developers
* LongTurn Blog - information nexus with stuff and stuff and stuff
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
GriffonSpade
Elite

Post by GriffonSpade »

Corbeau wrote:Ok, maybe I'm a bit thick, but I'm new to all this. When you get the time, can you share a quick idiot's guide for installing all those tilesets?
Only two tilesets, the parts are just that: Parts of a whole (Max forum file size is 1 MeB), Though AmplioHexBigZ also depends on AmplioHexBig's files. Anyhow, just drop the zips in whatever directory your mods are in (I work with them in the standard data directory of an install, also works in the modpack installer's directory...which I believe should be in your %UserName%\AppData\Roaming\Freeciv\2.5) and use Extract Here.

...Argh, I've apparently made a couple errors in the packaging AmplioHexBigZ v2.5.12.1 Part3.zip. The AmplioHexBigZ v2.5.12.2 Part3.zip has the fixed version. Just delete the old GT folder and AmplioHexBigZ v2.5.12.1 Part3.zip and extract the new one in main directory as usual.