Freeciv-2.5 art status

Contribute, display and discuss art and tilesets for use in Freeciv here.
GriffonSpade
Elite

Re: Freeciv-2.5 art status

Post by GriffonSpade »

Two Trident submissions for update. One version with coast-colored shore-water, the other with lake-colored shore-water.
(I played with smaller increments in saturation, +10 on the coast water seems like a good improvement)
Both are meant to replace previous trident tiles.png (Note that I've not been able to check for updates since december...even now my time online is unfortunately limited. If it's been updated, I'll get around to fixing this.)
Please inform which is preferable (I'll use the same color scheme in Sextant as well.)
Names are arbitrary for testing. No spec included. Both variants are tiles.png in data/trident.

Both have:
Rubber sprite, completing civ3 strategic resources for trident, located at 15, 16
15, 16, "ts.rubber"
+10 saturation on coast tiles

tiles2 has:
+10 saturation on corner shore-water and river mouth tiles

tiles3 has:
corner shore-water river mouths lake-colored (-20ish hue)
river mouths sorta lake-colored(-10 hue)
Attachments
tiles.zip
(246.57 KiB) Downloaded 336 times
JTN
Elite

Post by JTN »

GriffonSpade wrote:Two Trident submissions for update. One version with coast-colored shore-water, the other with lake-colored shore-water.
Screenshots (not showing fog):
2.5.4 as shipped
2.5.4 as shipped
tiles2.png
tiles2.png
tiles3.png
tiles3.png
GriffonSpade wrote:Both are meant to replace previous trident tiles.png (Note that I've not been able to check for updates since december...even now my time online is unfortunately limited. If it's been updated, I'll get around to fixing this.)
No changes on S2_5 since your bug #23898. On trunk/S2_6, only patch #5681 has touched trident graphics since then.
dunnoob
Elite

Post by dunnoob »

Caedo wrote: I guess there are other people like me out there that like using the smaller tilesets from time to time.
It's a feature, load smaller tileset to see more at once, load bigger tileset to see more details. But I dare not use it, because the client could decide to terminate itself.