Terrain specific mine gfx

Contribute, display and discuss art and tilesets for use in Freeciv here.
cazfi
Elite

Terrain specific mine gfx

Post by cazfi »

As much as we try to avoid it, sometimes we have to lose old feature that conflicts with new ones being developet. It has been possible to have different sprite for mines on different terrains in tileset. That's no longer true in 2.6 development version. This is because mine properties are no longer hardcoded, but it's one kind of generic extra. There will be workaround for some cases of the lost feature, though, when it becomes possible to define more extras. One can define multiple mine-like extras in ruleset, otherwise identical, but being placed in different terrain types and having different appearance.
Alien Valkyrie
Elite

Re: Terrain specific mine gfx

Post by Alien Valkyrie »

Will the default ruleset have the different kinds of mines for different terrains? If so, Tileset creators just need to know the new graphic tags and it won't be a problem at all.
~ AVL
cazfi
Elite

Re: Terrain specific mine gfx

Post by cazfi »

Caedo wrote:Will the default ruleset have the different kinds of mines for different terrains? If so, Tileset creators just need to know the new graphic tags and it won't be a problem at all.
classic (old "default"), experimental, multiplayer, and civ2civ3 rulesets now have separate "Oil Well" extra for deserts and glaciers.