isophexbig tileset

Contribute, display and discuss art and tilesets for use in Freeciv here.
GriffonSpade
Elite

isophexbig tileset

Post by GriffonSpade »

Defunct, see the amplio2hexbig tileset here: http://forum.freeciv.org/f/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=205

Version 1.15 (Beta)
Uses modified Amplio2, Isotrident, and Isophex files.
128x64 tiles hexside 16

Programs used:
MS Paint (Colorizing, Grangerizing)
OpenOffice Draw (Use of Eyedropper tool to turn transparency to magenta for editing in MS Paint, and then back again)
Wordpad
Paint.Net

Unzipped files go into the /data/ directory

Contains:

/data/
isophexbig.tilespec

/data/isophexbig/
1.14+ patchnotes.txt
cities.png
cities.spec
darkness.png
darkness.spec
flags.spec
grid.png
grid.spec
rivers.png
rivers.spec
terrain1.png (layer 1 and resource tiles)
terrain1.spec
terrain2.png (oceanic tiles)
terrain2.spec
terrain3.png (layer 2 tiles, now including the 'trees' from jungle)
terrain3.spec
tiles.png
tiles.spec
unitcost.png
unitcost.spec
unitextras.png
unitextras.spec

v1.15 changes

resaved pngs using paintnet, decreasing their size

cities.png:
repasted from amplio with partial transparencies

terrain1.png:
Replaced (formerly partially transparent) opaque tiles with partially transparent

terrain3.png:
Replaced resized isophex jungle and forest tiles with remixed amplio2 tiles

terrain3.spec:
Updated forest and jungle references

tiles.png
added some translucent background to city size

Features:
Greater color range in addition to length of the health bar(no longer only shading of green-yellow-red). starts at 100% with violet, then goes to blue, sea-blue, cyan, sea-green, green, yellow-green, yellow, orange, red, and finally a full black bar at below 10%. Additionally the health bar border changes colors, with black at 80-100%, Green at 50-70%, Yellow at 30-40%, and Red at 0-20%.
I included an extra 3 orange chevron veteran between 2 orange chevrons and the eagle.
I included extra unit cost icons, up to 9 and then X, but above 2 are unused by code.
I included an 'E' icon for units building a fortress, instead of using the 'F' (which is used by units fortifying)

Misc:
I was unable to get the left and right coast tile pieces to properly match up (problem carried over from isophex, where it was less noticable before being enlarged)
Northwest and Southeast (top and bottom) hex river mouths are not, to my knowledge, used. I included some pared down pieces of oceanic tile and referenced them in the spec anyway. Additionally, i replaced the (reference to) solid coast on northwest and southeast tiles to display as if there was open ocean in those directions(instead of land), so that the rivers will actually appear to run into the ocean.
Last edited by GriffonSpade on Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:36 pm, edited 6 times in total.