New Terrain and misc.

Contribute, display and discuss art and tilesets for use in Freeciv here.
GriffonSpade
Elite

New Terrain and misc.

Post by GriffonSpade »

First, how does one add new terrain into the game? In a tileset I mean. It's rather easy to make a new terrain in ruleset, for example an impassable mountain with a higher height number, but how does one add new tile images?(not new art, but new combinations of layers) for example adding in mountains with varied backgrounds (a different version each for desert, plains, grasslands, tundra, and glacier) or hills that have a different second layer (foreground)?

Edit: Thanks cazfi, it's looking like it has a lot of helpful information.

Second, I finally figured out how to enlarge in paint without blending the image with the background, and It's well on its way to being usable, but I'm unable to switch from the isotrident cities/morecities files to the amplio2 ancientcities/medievalcities/moderncities files. I can't figure out what exactly the problem is. It could be as simple as one image being declared, but I'm unable to pinpoint which one, and I don't even know if that's definitely the problem.

Edit: nevermind, I think I was thwarted by a comma. The very last in the list of loaded specs cannot have a comma after it :)

Third, as implied above, I'm making a double size isophex tileset that uses both enlarged isophex tiles along with various amplio2 bits and other modded images, that I've cleverly named "isophexbig", and it's already usable.(Though the offsets are all wonky.) Using the current RC2 of the 2.4 beta.
Last edited by GriffonSpade on Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cazfi
Elite

Re: New Terrain and misc.

Post by cazfi »

See doc/README.graphics "Terrain options"

Latest 2.4 revision of the document: http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/freeciv/bran ... E.graphics