Making Babyloanian style on Trident.

Contribute, display and discuss art and tilesets for use in Freeciv here.
Sanguivorant

Making Babyloanian style on Trident.

Post by Sanguivorant »

Hello all,

I have been trying to make city graphics for the Babylonian and Celtic city styles on trident. I'm using GIMP for doing this.

I figured the easiest way would be to expand the canvas size and include the art that I want, then edit the cities.spec file in Trident to refer to these cities as babylonian cities, but my graphics would not load.

Could I get some help on this please? What do I need to do this?

Thanks in advance.
cazfi
Elite

Re: Making Babyloanian style on Trident.

Post by cazfi »

Which freeciv version?

When you say that your graphics do not load, do you mean that just that the sprites you've added do not show up, or that the tileset no longer loads at all?

For tileset load problems, you could try to run the client with a higher logging level, e.g. "freeciv-gtk3.22 -d verbose" (freeciv-3.0 or later), or "freeciv-gtk3.22 -d 3" (earlier freeciv versions). But if you're on Windows, that might be a bit more complicated than it should.

If you attach (or email to me) your files, I can have a look too.

EDIT: As when doing any freeciv modding, you may want to use also "--warnings" parameter.
Sanguivorant

Re: Making Babyloanian style on Trident.

Post by Sanguivorant »

cazfi wrote:Which freeciv version?

When you say that your graphics do not load, do you mean that just that the sprites you've added do not show up, or that the tileset no longer loads at all?

For tileset load problems, you could try to run the client with a higher logging level, e.g. "freeciv-gtk3.22 -d verbose" (freeciv-3.0 or later), or "freeciv-gtk3.22 -d 3" (earlier freeciv versions). But if you're on Windows, that might be a bit more complicated than it should.

If you attach (or email to me) your files, I can have a look too.

EDIT: As when doing any freeciv modding, you may want to use also "--warnings" parameter.
Hi cazfi,

I figured it out thanks.

So what I did was save the cities.png file with the new sprites I made, then referred to them in cities.tilespec. I also forgot that I was on isotrident and not trident, which was the tileset that I made the graphics for.

Thanks you.