secfile error - help needed

Contribute, display and discuss rulesets and modpacks for use in Freeciv here.
publo

Re: secfile error - help needed

Post by publo »

Thanx madmax, I edited the .spec files (also the "flag-large.spec" and "shield-large.spec", which are somehow not mentioned in the instructions, but just in case) and now my png-files are implemented... But not everywhere... It's visible in the "Pick Nation" menu, but after starting the game, the shields are again showing question marks... It seems some of my png-files are rejected...

That brings me back to the SVG-to-PNG conversion which is stated to be mandatory in the current version. My png-files were hand-made, instead of converted from SVG. So I tried to figure out how to convert, but again I don't understand the instructions in the Readme.file:
To run the conversion program you
will need to install Inkscape, ImageMagick, and (optionally) pngquant.
Once these are installed change to the data/flags directory and run
./convert_png <nationname>.svg
I installed all three of these software, and I put the svg file in the data/flags directory, but that's as far as I get. Which one is the "conversion program"? In which command prompt should I run that line? I tried it in the Freeciv server, and in the general Windows command prompt, to no avail...

Hope you guys forgive my ignorance, it's been perhaps 20 years since I haven't used command lines :)
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

svg-files are not technically required. They are required for nations to be accepted to official freeciv distribution.
publo

Post by publo »

Hi cazfi,

Ok, I get it. I'll see if some day I can learn to convert from SVG as prescribed, because as said, not all of my current PNG's are working in the game. And of course it would also be nice to submit nation proposals.

So, all in all, I have made some progress, thanks to all of you. But now I added another nation and I get the following error:
Patagonian error.jpg
Any idea what could be wrong with this one?
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

Error message seems quite clear. It says nation_patagonian.style entry does not exist. Does your ruleset have 'style' entry?
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

publo wrote:I edited the .spec files (also the "flag-large.spec" and "shield-large.spec", which are somehow not mentioned in the instructions
-> Bug #817952. Thanks for spotting.
publo

Post by publo »

Hi cazfi, you're right, that's embarassing... The entry said "city-style" instead of "style"... Somehow I missed this, despite checking over and over and comparing the codes of "healthy" rulesets...
Anyway, I fixed it... Shell loads game all right now... But the Server is now crashing all the time after I press "Start new game"... Hm...
Ignatus
Elite

Post by Ignatus »

You run server application in a console, any failure output?