TradeRoute Effect Requirement

Contribute, display and discuss rulesets and modpacks for use in Freeciv here.
drakeraider

TradeRoute Effect Requirement

Post by drakeraider »

On the Traderoute Qualification, do the effects check all cities connected on a trade network? Or only on the intimidate other end of trade routes connected to the checking city?
Ignatus
Elite

Re: TradeRoute Effect Requirement

Post by Ignatus »

Within this range, the city itself and directly connected cities are checked. If traderoutes are oriented in the ruleset, both "in" and "out" partners are checked without any way to distinguish.
drakeraider

Post by drakeraider »

So, just to confirm I understood correctly, if you have three cities, and the trade route goes from the first to the second, and then another from the second to the third, with no direct route between the first and third, it will NOT count as a traderoute connection between 1 and 3?
Ignatus
Elite

Post by Ignatus »

Absolutely correct. If you want to check connectivity to a specific city, you can try to produce some kind of goods in that city and in any city with Traderoute-ranged requirement on the same goods (but I have not tested it).
drakeraider

Post by drakeraider »

Alright. With that verified I have a workaround I need. I need a destructible building that has a large scale effect. With current structure, Player wide effects can only be bound to buildings of class SmallWonder. But you can't demolish buildings of this class, so I need an alternative.

I was thinking of just using binding it to traderoutes so as I could create eaten a trade network that carried the effect but that may not be possible. So you have any suggestions as to an alternative approach?
Ignatus
Elite

Post by Ignatus »

Binding effectively Player-wide effect to traderoute system seems rather a kludge. Maybe it's possible to replace it with some regular buildings in all affected cities, or with multiplier sliders. Really, we should have player-wide counters for regular buildings, but we'll hardly get them earlier than at fc3.1. Also, Lua API is rather poor for city buildings.