[2.6] Augmented ruleset modpack

Contribute, display and discuss rulesets and modpacks for use in Freeciv here.
Wahazar
Elite

Re: [2.6] Augmented ruleset modpack

Post by Wahazar »

Augmented2 modpack project is now in stable finished phase, last released version was 2.6.lt17.

Latest important changes was making Sea and Coaster class unreachable - thanks to that, not all land units can be load/unload outside city,
and not all units can attack ships even if they can attack non-native tiles.
For example, Light Cavalry can attack units on mountains, but can't attack ships adjacent to coast. You need Artillery to perform such attack.
Beside this, Sea units can unload Infantry directly on the coast, but Cavalry or Artillery can be unloaded only inside city.
Coaster units (Triremes, Barges) have similar limitation, with exception of Light Cavalry, which also can be deployed directly from aboard.
Such approach is to balance the fact that plunging-fire artillery ignore city walls and decrease city population, making coast and river-side towns too much vulnerable on a sneak attack.
XYZ
Elite

Post by XYZ »

Maybe you got use for this unit. Perhaps as side quest or an extra tactic tech?
Attachments
Spanish TercioII.png
Spanish TercioII.png (4.81 KiB) Viewed 24880 times
XYZ
Elite

Post by XYZ »

It ain't pretty and maybe I'm gonna modify it when I have time but it should be decent enough to use:

Hussite wagon
Attachments
wagon.png
wagon.png (4.15 KiB) Viewed 24815 times
Wahazar
Elite

Post by Wahazar »

What about another wagon instead of horse? During battle, horses where unharnessed and wagons connected together in row.
Augmented2 ruleset/modpack for freeciv2.6: http://forum.freeciv.org/f/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=91047
XYZ
Elite

Post by XYZ »

What about another wagon instead of horse? During battle, horses where unharnessed and wagons connected together in row.
Yes, wanted to get rid of the horse and make several other changes but when I have time and patience... :D
jpsm
Veteran

Post by jpsm »

Why in this ruleset some wonders benefit other players too? The idea to race over wonders is to prevent the ai to get the wonder first...
Wahazar
Elite

Post by Wahazar »

jpsm wrote:Why in this ruleset some wonders benefit other players too? The idea to race over wonders is to prevent the ai to get the wonder first...
Great Wonders race doesn't fit well with multiplayer mode - thus there are small benefits for other players, beside main wonder goal, just to compentaste their loss of wonder race.

I redirected your question from other thread as well:
jpsm wrote:
Note: Sacral building improvments, belonging to different faiths, doesn't mix
(temple/church/mosque can't exists in same city)
Note: different faith wonders (above and Cathedrals or Crusade) doesn't mix
(can't exists in same country, except of Golden Palace and Western Wall, which are ecumenic).
You should add religious freedom technology to fix this.
There is no need to fix it, such feature is by design, to avoid stockpiling wonders/improvements by the leading player.
Food upkeep depend only on city size (except of Communism, which offer more free food).
I didn't understood why Communism offers free food.
Food upkeep of units is doubled under communism, thus more free food per city.
As long as you keep only few units per city, the result is similar to other govs, but huge army would consume excessive amount of food.
Communism is very powerful: martial laws, no unhappy costs, so it is kind of balance.
Augmented2 ruleset/modpack for freeciv2.6: http://forum.freeciv.org/f/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=91047
Gavroche

New « Augmented » player checking in

Post by Gavroche »

Hi crowd,

My first game with this modpak has been going on for a few centuries. (Current year is 1946 CE). So far I'm liking it.
Gavroche

Sacred Cairn : *how many* unhappy citizens would become content ?

Post by Gavroche »

The in-game help reads :
Shamanistic rituals around Sacred Cairn encourage local society to live in harsh conditions. Any Tundra tile will give additional food, and one unhappy citizens would become content.
(also https://freeciv.fandom.com/wiki/Augment ... _buildings)

Is it as many as there are Tundra tiles within this city limits, or one per city that has a cairn ? What if there is no tundra here ?

Which file should I check if I wanted to try and decrypt this from the ruleset ?
omero

Post by omero »

Wahazar wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:36 pm Augmented2 modpack project is now in stable finished phase, last released version was 2.6.lt17.
Hello!
First of all, thank you for sharing augmented2!
I am mostly playing in "single player" games (due to various reasons) and I enjoyed the complexity of this one ruleset/modpack.

I have a technical question: how did you obtain/produce that nice augmented tech tree?
Is there some tool, script, hack... Maybe external to the client?

Just curious :D