[2.6] Augmented ruleset modpack

Contribute, display and discuss rulesets and modpacks for use in Freeciv here.
Wahazar
Elite

Re: [2.6] Augmented ruleset modpack

Post by Wahazar »

Yes, it is not realistic but perfect, now player see that it is warship, not freighter. Maybe this cannon barrel is too long, but I can fix it.
Augmented2 ruleset/modpack for freeciv2.6: http://forum.freeciv.org/f/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=91047
XYZ
Elite

Post by XYZ »

Btw, what pirate units are planned? Do they get distinctive units or just a skull and bone paint job?
XYZ
Elite

Post by XYZ »

Found the tent among ngunjaca amplio stuff. Since tribeman can found cities I figured he could look less like a battle unit.
I also noticed that the hunter looks very similar. Easy way to distinguish them better would be to mirror on of them so they face another direction.
Attachments
Tribeman.png
Tribeman.png (4.08 KiB) Viewed 18013 times
Last edited by XYZ on Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
XYZ
Elite

Post by XYZ »

Material for a government special unit? Otherwise, pirate unit?

Has a bardiche, a rifle plus a sabre around his belt.

Supposed to be a streltsy.
Attachments
streltsy4.png
streltsy4.png (2.71 KiB) Viewed 17998 times
Wahazar
Elite

Post by Wahazar »

Yes, there are exclusive units for Barbarians, like Pirates or Pirate Brig, but they rely on player-available units (they have slightly better stats than player's units and are not unique like Corsairs). But it is not priority to make special graphics for them, because in multiplayer barbarians are often disabled,
while singleplayer is the sandbox game for this ruleset.

I have better idea to use Yurt image: for Tribe Hut (to show, that this improvement is responsible for Tribes production)
Tribe image may have some additional women silhouette.

No idea, how to utilize Strelcy - maybe exclusive gunpowder era unit for Absolutism?
Augmented2 ruleset/modpack for freeciv2.6: http://forum.freeciv.org/f/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=91047
XYZ
Elite

Post by XYZ »

No idea, how to utilize Strelcy - maybe exclusive gunpowder era unit for Absolutism?
Yeah, fits in my opinion.

What about this reiter? Has a pistol in his hand.
Tribe image may have some additional women silhouette.
Lets see what I can think of...
Attachments
Reiter2.png
Reiter2.png (2.57 KiB) Viewed 17995 times
XYZ
Elite

Post by XYZ »

Probably the game rules don't allow it but what about a tavern building where you could recruit mercenary units. A bit like a hut but where you have to pay for units instead of just getting them.
XYZ
Elite

Post by XYZ »

And again me... Have you planned a scenario at one time? Hexes make more sense but also require new maps.
Wahazar
Elite

Post by Wahazar »

XYZ wrote:And again me... Have you planned a scenario at one time? Hexes make more sense but also require new maps.
Yes, I was thinking about detailed World map with Lambert cylindrical projection.
For sake of starting location balance, Europeans nations would have some starting advances, whereas nations with high amount of space would be more savage.
Unfortunately, single player is still too easy with this modpack.
XYZ
Elite

Post by XYZ »

Yes, I was thinking about detailed World map with Lambert cylindrical projection.
Sounds good! If you provide me with a map I can landscape it for you. We would have the possibility to add volcanoes manually. However, I coudn't find any taiga. Also, snow mountains for poles could be added. But thats just some eyecandy I totally support...