This work is a continuations of advanced ruleset modpack and neolithic ruleset, these projects were combined together, rewritten to version 2.6 and extended with new techs, wonders, building and units.
I will describe it briefly here, more details after Christmas.
- New techs, including some facultative tech branches - not required for mainstream technology tree, but offering some better units or optional wonders.
- Completely refurbished system of distinctive tiers of military unit classes.
- Unit HP is related to its armor/persistence, FP depend on weapon era (1 - melee, 2 - gunpowder, 3 - machine gun/explosives, 4 - rocketry/big guns).
- Terrain movement is more challenging, mountains w/o roads accessible only for workers or special units, rivers are not a roads for regular units.
- New buildings and wonders, adopted to the new technology tree.
- Three faith systems, you need to choose wisely, because most of religion-related improvements/wonders can't coexists in same city/state.
- New governments (First Republic, Direct Democracy, Thalassocracy, Fascism) and altered governments properties, smooth changes.
You start with few Tribe units - they are universal, can act like workers (at the beginning only roads, some advances are required to irrigate/mine),
they can fight with other units (but not conquer towns), build a town or be added to the town.
You need Tribe Hut in the town to make new Tribe units - they cost only one population (settlers two), thus are convenient to fast growth, but once you learn Agricultural Farming, Tribes are no longer available (but you can make City Hall, which may increase city radius).
Initial government is Tribalism - corruption is relatively high but flat, tax changes are limited and there is no martial law, science and gold output decreased.
You need to build Palace by yourself, to change gov. to Despotism
(but it is not a bad news - at least you can decide where your Capital is, when you already claimed some land).
Whole ruleset is optimized for hex topology and its graphics are compatible with hexemplio tileset.
It is strongly recommended to use augmented2 tileset, otherwise you will see only alternative graphics, if any.
Go for 'local options' and choose 'augmented2' from the list for iso hex topology.
Whole modpack was done under GPL licence and is hosted by GitHub: