AI and Rulesets

Contribute, display and discuss rulesets and modpacks for use in Freeciv here.
nutzer

AI and Rulesets

Post by nutzer »

What I haven't understood yet is what the relation is between AI modules and rulesets. One should assume that each ruleset would require somewhat different AI decisions. How is this solved in the program and are there distinct AI modules for each ruleset?
Wahazar
Elite

Re: AI and Rulesets

Post by Wahazar »

Basically AI should follow changes in ruleset, similar to dynamically generated help files, but it depend on how large are these changes.
Rather no problem, if you add some new buildings with effects, new tech or new but properly defined unit.
But AI have no idea how to cope with capturable units or bombard units. It may also run into problems if you are manipulating with city radius.
Augmented2 ruleset/modpack for freeciv2.6: http://forum.freeciv.org/f/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=91047
nutzer

Re: AI and Rulesets

Post by nutzer »

Thanks! - So can I take it that in the standard edition there is only one AI module that governs all rulesets? Cute! Another thing: are there any noteworthy alternate AI modules created and available? If yes, where are they located?

If I wanted to branch off somewhere for developing in the AI modules, which development branch should I preferably take?