Freeciv 2.5.4 fails to start

Contribute, display and discuss rulesets and modpacks for use in Freeciv here.
Lunchalot

Freeciv 2.5.4 fails to start

Post by Lunchalot »

FreeCiv Problem.png
When I first installed freeciv 2.5.4 it worked great. Then I tried to add modpacks and ever since then I get this screen of death. I have tried deleting and redownloading/installing more than 3 times (lost count) and I tried deleting any file that says freeciv or tileset and cleaning up with CCleaner before trying again. Nothing works.
GriffonSpade
Elite

Re: Freeciv 2.5.4 fails to start

Post by GriffonSpade »

ModPacks should be in your AppData directory, not the install directory. If the modpack installer can't remove them (I don't use it?) then you'll have to go into appdata manually and do so.
sveinung
Elite

Post by sveinung »

Lunchalot wrote:Then I tried to add modpacks and ever since then I get this screen of death.
The problem is that the tileset you have selected is missing some graphic. You can fix it by selecting another tileset. Start by reinstalling Freeciv. Do not delete anything it installs. Go to the command line. You can select the tileset from the command line via the -t option. The full command is "wanted_client -t wanted_tileset" Replace "wanted_client" with the Freeciv client you want and "wanted_tileset" with the freeciv tileset you want. On my (GNU/Linux) system the command is

Code: Select all

freeciv-gtk2 -t cimpletoon
. I'm unable to translate my instructions to the Windows world. If you have the same problem try asking the forum's Windows users for help.
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

You could try starting freeciv with civ2 ruleset (it does not have terrain type "Inaccessible" added to many rulesets in 2.5). Since you seem to be running server separately, try 'rulesetdir civ2' in it.
Once in game, try changing tileset stored to client preferences.