"Simulation" ruleset (2.5) - v1.0 released

Contribute, display and discuss rulesets and modpacks for use in Freeciv here.
Alien Valkyrie
Elite

Re: Corbeau's ruleset (2.5)

Post by Alien Valkyrie »

JTN wrote:the bit of UI that crosses out Power Plant in your city's building list as obsolete once you have a Nuclear Plant
I'm pretty sure that (at least in the 2_6 beta0 gtk3.22 clients), present=FALSE requirements have the same effect. I'm not sure about previous versions and other GUIs, but as far as I can recall, this has always worked for me, even when there was the negated field instead of the present field. Cathedrals were marked as redundant with Michelangelo, all the different power plants checked out, etc.
Corbeau wrote:The intention:
- Manufaktur costs 40 shields, 1 upkeep and gives 2 shields per turn
- once Industrialization is discovered, Manufaktur stops producing, upkeep remains, output is now 2 Trade (because it's effectively a museum), Factory in a city with M. costs 110 (instead of 140)
- M. is not a requirement for a factory, but it gives a 30 shields discount
So what's to happen if you already have a (normal) factory and then build a Manufaktur?
My idea for this would be to silently replace the factory_mf with a regular factory as soon as it's built via lua scripting, but that's not possible (yet). I've raised this issue in hrm #695117.
~ AVL
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

Caedo wrote:So what's to happen if you already have a (normal) factory and then build a Manufaktur?
Oh, I removed the "obsoletion by Industrialization" and forgot to replace it by "Industrialization", FALSE... Will do, thanks :)

However, even if I don't, then I guess it would effectively mean building a museum that gives 2 Trade ;) But that would be a wrong course of action because if you build Manufaktur before, it gives the Factory a 30 shield discount.
--
* Freeciv LongTurn, a community of one-turn-per-day players and developers
* LongTurn Blog - information nexus with stuff and stuff and stuff
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
Alien Valkyrie
Elite

Post by Alien Valkyrie »

Corbeau wrote:
Caedo wrote:So what's to happen if you already have a (normal) factory and then build a Manufaktur?
Oh, I removed the "obsoletion by Industrialization" and forgot to replace it by "Industrialization", FALSE... Will do, thanks :)

However, even if I don't, then I guess it would effectively mean building a museum that gives 2 Trade ;) But that would be a wrong course of action because if you build Manufaktur before, it gives the Factory a 30 shield discount.
Yeah, but the problem would be that if you build a factory and then a Manufaktur, you could then build another factory. You should probably make it so that you can't build a factory_mf if you already have a (regular) factory.
~ AVL
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

Got it! Thanks!

Basically, then it's best to make it impossible to build MF once Factory is in town.
--
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
JTN
Elite

Post by JTN »

From what I skim-read about the history of the Manufaktur, that sounds about right...
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

A few more changes:

Bribe and incite city base costs increased x10.
One veteran level lost when upgrading a unit.
Civil war disabled.
Border: radius_sq_city = 10
Trade routes enabled, but income set to 1% (Is there a setting for a one-time revenue when the caravan reaches the city?)

All this copied into first post of the thread.

QUESTION: If I exchange Leonardo's Workshop for a Military Academy that would be a regular city improvement, meaning more cities can have them, would that trigger Upgrade_Unit effect more times during a turn or is the effect limited to once per turn no matter what?
--
JTN
Elite

Post by JTN »

Corbeau wrote:Trade routes enabled, but income set to 1% (Is there a setting for a one-time revenue when the caravan reaches the city?)
In 2.5 it's influenced by the Trade_Revenue_Bonus effect, but that can't make it zero.
In 2.6 it will be possible to disable it entirely (see "Trade" in NEWS-2.6.0).
Corbeau wrote:QUESTION: If I exchange Leonardo's Workshop for a Military Academy that would be a regular city improvement, meaning more cities can have them, would that trigger Upgrade_Unit effect more times during a turn or is the effect limited to once per turn no matter what?
The "Upgrade_Unit" effect is checked at player range. So you can't usefully use a "Building", "Military Academy", "City" ranged requirement with it. It's a numeric requirement, which you can give any value you like, but you can't make its value depend on the number of cities with a certain property.
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

JTN wrote:
Corbeau wrote:Trade routes enabled, but income set to 1% (Is there a setting for a one-time revenue when the caravan reaches the city?)
In 2.5 it's influenced by the Trade_Revenue_Bonus effect, but that can't make it zero.
In 2.6 it will be possible to disable it entirely (see "Trade" in NEWS-2.6.0).
Actually, I want the opposite: to make the revenue-per-turn very small and then manipulate a one-time reward to make it worthwhile. Simply, it makes much more logic for caravans to be the means of turning shields into trade that way (getting a one-time amount per caravan) - with limitations, extra work etc. - than for a single caravan to arrive somewhere and then both cities receive money for all eternity. But that's not possible, right?
--
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

Corbeau wrote:Actually, I want the opposite: to make the revenue-per-turn very small and then manipulate a one-time reward to make it worthwhile. Simply, it makes much more logic for caravans to be the means of turning shields into trade that way (getting a one-time amount per caravan) - with limitations, extra work etc. - than for a single caravan to arrive somewhere and then both cities receive money for all eternity. But that's not possible, right?
Not in 2.5, I think.
In 2.6 you can take advantage of the new action_enablers. Enable "Enter Marketplace", but not "Establish Traderoute" action for caravans.
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

More updates. File in 1st post not updated yet. Opinions welcome.

veteran_names = _("drafted"), _("recruits"), _("novice"), _("green"), _("regular"), _("disciplined"), _("seasoned"), _("experienced"), _("expert"), _("master"), _("veteran"), _("hardened"), _("special"), _("commando"), _("elite")

veteran_work_raise_chance = 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 0
veteran_raise_chance = 90, 75, 60, 50, 45, 40, 35, 30, 25, 20, 15, 10, 5, 5, 0
veteran_power_fact = 100, 110, 120, 140, 150, 160, 170, 180, 200, 210, 220, 230, 240, 260, 280
veteran_move_bonus = 0, 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
(for the record, move_fragment = 6)

Baracks now give 3 levels of Veteran bonus.
Library gives 2.
University, Temple, Cathedral, Bank and Factory all give 1.

Considering renaming "Library" to "Schoolhouse" but then a lot of stuff should be tracked down and changed and I'm kind of too lazy for that.
cazfi wrote:
Corbeau wrote:Actually, I want the opposite: to make the revenue-per-turn very small and then manipulate a one-time reward to make it worthwhile. Simply, it makes much more logic for caravans to be the means of turning shields into trade that way (getting a one-time amount per caravan) - with limitations, extra work etc. - than for a single caravan to arrive somewhere and then both cities receive money for all eternity. But that's not possible, right?
Not in 2.5, I think.
In 2.6 you can take advantage of the new action_enablers. Enable "Enter Marketplace", but not "Establish Traderoute" action for caravans.
Oh, cool. That's basically it.
Last edited by Corbeau on Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
--