Important: This ruleset offers some significant changes to gameplay. However, this post is not arranged with that in mind, stuff is listed in no particular order so that more important changes are mixed with more technical ones.
civ2civ3 (or maybe multiplayer, don't remember anymore)
All movement x2 compared to classic ruleset.
fighter: 12 (not 20)
stealth fighter: 16 (not 28)
carrier: 8 (not 10)
transport: 8 (not 10)
Terrain movement cost:
River move cost changed to 2/3
- boats don't move so much more quickly than units on plains
- having 2/3 of a MP to go through a forest is more than enough reward
- mounted (maybe) and wheeled units (definitely) shouldn't AT ALL move faster by river than over a plain, especially when compared to a road
IgTer_cost = 3 (fragment=3 => MP=1)
It should be enough bonus for a unit to move over a mountain at a cost of 1 MP. Allowing it to pass a whole mountain range as if it were moving over a highway is a bit too much.
Units with property of Bombarder:
Archers (bombard_rate = 5)
Catapult (bombard_rate = 5)
Cannon (bombard_rate = 6)
Artillery (bombard_rate = 6, removed City Buster)
Howitzer (bombard_rate = 8, firepower = 2, removed City Buster)
Submarine (bombard_rate = 10)
Submarine, Helicopter, Bomber and Stlth Bomber
Units added to Big Land class (no terrain defence bonus):
Paratroopers and Marines: added "CityBuster" flag - doubled strength when attacking cities.
Republic and Fundamentalism give 1 Veteran bonus. Democracy gives 0. All others give 2.
veteran_power_fact = 100, 110, 120, 140, 150, 160, 170, 180, 200, 210, 220, 230, 240, 260, 280, 300, 330
veteran_raise_chance = 100, 95, 90, 75, 60, 50, 45, 40, 35, 30, 25, 20, 15, 10, 5, 5, 0
veteran_move_bonus = 0, 0, 0, 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
veteran_work_raise_chance = 50, 30, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 0
UNIT UPKEEP - very big changes
- Complete concept rehaul. Units are now cheaper, however, much (some VERY much) more expensive to maintain.
- A .rtf file with all unit data appended to the ruleset.
- Upkeep independent of government (except food, see below), different units have different upkeep, some cost money, some cost money AND shields.
- On top of standard food upkeep (if city size X has morethan X units), ALL units under Republic spend 1 food. ALL units under Democracy spend 2 food. (I tried to make them spend +1 and +2 gold per unit respectively, but that particular combination is not supported by the ruleset. Ideas for exactly that are welcome.)
- NO WOMEN'S SUFFRAGE; you want peace at home during war abroad, you spend money on TV shows.
- Under Democracy, a Universty in the city increases unhappinness by 1 per deployed unit.
Tech upkeep: <Cost of all known technologies> * <Number of cities> / tech_upkeep_divider
tech_upkeep_divider = 1500
; 3 - Technology cost is reduced depending on the number of normal
; players (human and AI) which already know the tech.
tech_leakage = 3
Bridge Building tech doesn't exist anymore. Its role has been taken by Construction.
CORRUPTION AND EMPIRE SIZE
Limiting empire size by unhappy citizens has been removed and replaced by corruption-by-distance:
- corruption rate now depends heavily on government
- production waste independent of government and distance
- "100% at" means approximate distance from the capital at which corruption without buildings is 100%.
- buildings reduce corruption by %
Code: Select all
base %: 100% at : %per tile: temple : corthus : cthedrl : police : libry/uni
Despotism 25 15 5 25 30 25 10 -
Monarchy 25 20 4 15 40 20 20 -
Fundamentalism 25 20 4 30 10 30 20 -
Republic 30 25 2 5 30 20 20 5/10
Democracy 40 N/A 0 5 30 20 20 5/10
Communism 50 N/A 0 0 25 10 30 10
Base waste is 50%. Following techs reduce waste by 10% (5% total): Alphabet, Writing, Trade, Physics, Invention, Chemistry, Electricity, Refining, Mass Production, Robotics
Cities begin with base working radius sqrt(1). Each of the following increases sqrt() by 1:
- city grows by 1
- Granary, Courthouse, Barracks (all), Walls, Aqueduct, Harbour
- Mass Transit, Police Station, Supermarket and Sewer System increase sqrt() by 2
- Bribe and incite city base costs increased x10.
- One veteran level lost when upgrading a unit.
- Civil war disabled.
- Border: radius_sq_city = 10
- Trade routes enabled, but income set to 1% (Is there a setting for a one-time revenue when the caravan reaches the city?)
- add_to_size_limit = 16
- fort doesn't change tile ownership
- New building: Manufaktur (with Monarchy) gives +2 Shield to city tile; obsolete by Industrialization, turns into museum (+2 Trade), but makes Factory cheaper
- Max Sci/Tax/Lux rate reversed; Despotism: 100, Monarchy & Communism: 80, Fundamentalism: 70, Republic: 60, Democracy: 50.
- Migrants I - VII, all doing the same thing, but becoming successively more expensive (10 to 100) through the tech tree to avoid artificial pumping up of new cities
- Diplomats I-IV spread out from Alphabet to Democracy, with costs 10 to 40
- Communism only: five Five Year Plan small wonders, each adding 1 shield to every city; cost 200-1000, can be built in capital only, in direct succession only; once government is no longer Communism, they stop working
Food storage size:
- for city sizes 1-6: 16, 18, 20, 22, 24, 30
- for city size >6: +10
- Helicopters can carry one unit: Land (infantry), Spies, Diplomats and Explorers
- on top of the usual, Submarines and Carriers can carry Diplomats, Spies and Missiles
Barracks, Courthouse, Poliec Station each add 25% to Spy Resistance.
Base chance for diplomat to succeed: 50.
Chance to lose tech when receiving: 0.
Small Wonder - Atlantic Telegraph Company - embassies with everybody (electricity)
World Wonder - United Nations: everybody has embassies with everybody, owner can declare war even under Republic or Democracy
check national borders? (server?)
fix Statue of Liberty