I see this as a basically LONGTURN ruleset, to be played at 1 turn per day, as it is almost the only way I can (and enjoy) play(ing) FreeCiv. See here under #Secondly, "time to play". (Also, I have a hunch that many other people are in the same situation.)
Important: This ruleset offers some significant changes to gameplay. However, this post is not arranged with that in mind, stuff is listed in no particular order so that more important changes are mixed with more technical ones.
civ2civ3 (or maybe multiplayer, don't remember anymore)
All movement x2 compared to classic ruleset.
fighter: 12 (not 20)
stealth fighter: 16 (not 28)
carrier: 8 (not 10)
transport: 8 (not 10)
Worker: 3 (not 2)
Terrain movement cost:
River move cost changed to 2/3
- boats don't move so much more quickly than units on plains
- having 2/3 of a MP to go through a forest is more than enough reward
- mounted (maybe) and wheeled units (definitely) shouldn't AT ALL move faster by river than over a plain, especially when compared to a road
IgTer_cost = 3 (fragment=3 => MP=1)
It should be enough bonus for a unit to move over a mountain at a cost of 1 MP. Allowing it to pass a whole mountain range as if it were moving over a highway is a bit too much.
Warriors can attack from sea and move immediately after disembarking
Units with property of Bombarder:
Check attached file for full numbers.
Submarine, Helicopter, Bomber and Stlth Bomber
Units added to Big Land class (no terrain defence bonus):
Paratroopers and Marines: added "CityBuster" flag - doubled strength when attacking cities.
Migration (spontaneous) is enabled.
Republic and Fundamentalism give 1 Veteran bonus. Democracy gives 0. All others give 2.
veteran_power_fact = 100, 110, 120, 140, 150, 160, 170, 180, 200, 210, 220, 230, 240, 260, 280, 300, 330
veteran_raise_chance = 100, 95, 90, 75, 60, 50, 45, 40, 35, 30, 25, 20, 15, 10, 5, 5, 0
veteran_move_bonus = 0, 0, 0, 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
veteran_work_raise_chance = 50, 20, 15, 10, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3, 3, 2, 2, 2, 1, 1, 1, 0
Barracks (all) give 3 veteran bonus (when building a unit) for Land units, 1 for Big Land.
All religious, financial and education buildings give 1 veteran bonus (when building a unit).
UNIT UPKEEP - very big changes
- Complete concept rehaul. Units are now cheaper, however, much (some VERY much) more expensive to maintain.
- A file with all unit data appended to the ruleset (README.rtf)
- Upkeep almost independent of government (except food, see below), different units have different upkeep, some cost money, some cost money AND shields.
- On top of general "free food unit upkeep per city" (see table in README.rtf) each city can supply food to one more unit per two sizes. So, for example, in Despotism, a size-10 city doesn't pay food to 10 units and a size-20 city doesn't pay food for 15 units.
- NO WOMEN'S SUFFRAGE; you want peace at home during war abroad, you spend money on TV shows.
- Under Democracy, a Universty in the city increases unhappinness by 1 per deployed unit.
Tech upkeep: <Cost of all known technologies> * <Number of cities> / tech_upkeep_divider
tech_upkeep_divider = 1500
; 3 - Technology cost is reduced depending on the number of normal
; players (human and AI) which already know the tech.
tech_leakage = 3
Bridge Building tech doesn't exist anymore. Its role has been taken by Construction.
CORRUPTION AND EMPIRE SIZE
Limiting empire size by unhappy citizens has been removed and replaced by corruption-by-distance:
- corruption rate now depends heavily on government
- production waste independent of government and distance
- "100% at" means approximate distance from the capital at which corruption without buildings is 100%.
- buildings reduce corruption by %
Code: Select all
base %: 100% at : %per tile: temple : corthus : cthedrl : police : libry/uni
Despotism 25 15 5 25 30 25 10 -
Monarchy 25 20 4 15 40 20 20 -
Fundamentalism 25 20 4 30 10 30 20 -
Republic 30 25 2 5 30 20 20 5/10
Democracy 40 N/A 0 5 30 20 20 5/10
Communism 50 N/A 0 0 25 10 30 10
Base waste is 50%. Following techs reduce waste by 10% (5% total): Alphabet, Writing, Trade, Physics, Invention, Chemistry, Electricity, Refining, Mass Production, Robotics
Cities begin with base working radius sqrt(1). Each of the following increases sqrt() by 1:
- city grows by 1
- Granary, Courthouse, Barracks (all), Walls, Aqueduct, Harbour
- Mass Transit, Police Station, Supermarket and Sewer System increase sqrt() by 2
New granary sizes. Numbers presume Granary improvement.
Code: Select all
City Food Max
size after food
2 2* 12
3 4* 15
4 6* 18
5 8 22
6 10 26
7 12 30
8 15 35
9 20 40
10 25 50
+1 +5 +10
* free Granary
- Bribe and incite city base costs increased x10.
- One veteran level lost when upgrading a unit.
- Civil war disabled.
- Border: radius_sq_city = 10
- Trade routes enabled, but income set to 1% (Is there a setting for a one-time revenue when the caravan reaches the city?)
- add_to_size_limit = 16
- fort doesn't change tile ownership
- New building: Manufaktur (with Monarchy) gives +2 Shield to city tile; obsolete by Industrialization, turns into museum (+2 Trade), but makes Factory cheaper
- Small Wonder - Atlantic Telegraph Company - embassies with everybody (electricity)
- Max Sci/Tax/Lux rate reversed; Despotism: 100, Monarchy & Communism: 80, Fundamentalism: 70, Republic: 60, Democracy: 50.
- Migrants are a unique unit; also "FieldUnit": cause unhappiness in a city where built
- Diplomats I-IV spread out from Alphabet to Democracy, with costs 10 to 40
- Communism only: five Five Year Plan small wonders, each adding 1 shield to every city; cost 200-1000, can be built in capital only, in direct succession only; once government is no longer Communism, they stop working
- no empire size limit by cities
- one unit per turn upgraded by default; Leonardo upgrades 2 more
- NATIONALITY: ON; when you conquer a city, 51% of its population will be unhappy if belonging to the enemy nationality
- when your palace is conquered, you don't get another one autiomatically, you need to build it yourself
- no civil war
- under Communism, Banks don't add 50% to Luxury and Stock Markets don't work at all
- Helicopters can carry one unit: Land (infantry), Spies, Diplomats and Explorers
- on top of the usual, Submarines and Carriers can carry Diplomats, Spies and Missiles
Barracks, Courthouse, Police Station each add 25% to Spy Resistance.
Base chance for diplomat to succeed: 50.
Chance to lose tech when receiving: 0.
NO TERRAIN TRANSFORM
Railroad gives Trade to hills and mountains
Tech Explosioves makes it possible to build Resorts on Hills Mountains, resulting in +2 Trade
World Wonder - United Nations: everybody has embassies with everybody, owner can declare war even under Republic or Democracy
fix Statue of Liberty
Ruleset is no longer maintained on this forum. Instead, you can find it here:
All information will still be updated here.