Changes in what a 3.1 ruleset can do

Contribute, display and discuss rulesets and modpacks for use in Freeciv here.
sveinung
Elite

Re: Changes in what a 3.1 ruleset can do

Post by sveinung »

Ruleset defined max "Help Wonder" and "Recycle Unit" range See Feature #875249

Max range for the actions"Help Wonder" and "Recycle Unit" can now be set by going to game.ruleset's actions section and help_wonder_max_range or recycle_unit_max_range

Doing "Recycle Unit" to an adjacent city used to be illegal in 2.6. It was made legal in 3.0 for consistency with "Help Wonder" in hrm Feature #644449. You can now get the old rule back, make both still consistent but limited to cities at the same tile or allow "Help Wonder" by any unit on the map to any city on the map.
sveinung
Elite

Post by sveinung »

MovedThisTurn unit state property See Feature #875439

You can now create a rule than an action only can be done by a unit that hasn't moved this turn.
sveinung
Elite

Post by sveinung »

Casus Belli for completed "Pillage" See Feature #875465

The Casus_Belli_Success effect is evaluated when successfully starting the "Pillage" action. The new effect Casus_Belli_Complete is evaluated when the pillaging is completed.

This may be counter intuitive. Let me know if you expect the Casus_Belli_Success effect to be evaluated on activity completion and another effect to be evaluated at successful "Pillage" start.

You can now give a casus belli both for successfully starting to pillage during peace and for completing the pillaging during peace.
nef
Elite

Post by nef »

sveinung wrote:MovedThisTurn unit state property See Feature #875439
I look forward to trying this out.
sveinung
Elite

Post by sveinung »

nef wrote:
sveinung wrote:MovedThisTurn unit state property See Feature #875439
I look forward to trying this out.
I hope it will allow at least some of things you hoped for when you requested it. File an issue if you need control of what is considered a "move".
sveinung
Elite

Post by sveinung »

2 more user terrain flags. See hrm Feature #877497

One has already been spent to move "NoFortify" (hrm Feature #877498) to the ruleset.
nef
Elite

Post by nef »

. File an issue if you need control of what is considered a "move".
At the time I didn't need fine grained control, but just the general principle of anything that used a move fragment plus "railroad" movement. In any event, it's not a huge issue. The most important use was to replace the automatic defence bonus of being in a city with something that resembled the Civ I requirement that you actually had to fortify the unit but without the "gotcha" feature of having to choose between fortify and sentry. Similar comments for healing processes.
sveinung
Elite

Post by sveinung »

New effect Illegal_Action_HP_Cost See Feature #879103

Illegal_Action_HP_Cost is - like the Illegal_Action_Move_Cost effect - triggered when the player ordered a unit to perform an illegal action (unless the player could be certain that the action was illegal).

If the action always causes the actor unit to end up at the target tile two consolation prizes are given for the lost HP: An area with the radius of the actor unit's vision_radius_sq tiles is revealed. The player may also get contact with the owners of units and cites adjacent to the target tile.

You can now kill or hurt a unit for trying to perform an illegal action. Think of "Paradrop Unit"'s hard coded punishment for trying to jump to a tile the paratrooper can't exist on.
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

Support for multiple capitals (one primary, and any number of secondary ones) has been in for some time already. Feature #871681

City with the highest Capital_City effect value is the primary capital, other cities with positive, but lesser, value are considered secondary ones. Note that Gov_Center effect that controls corruption is separate and independent from Capital_City effect and has always been (though there has been some confusion about the matter)
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

Work to split Irrigate and Mine activities that used to sometimes build and extra and sometimes transformed terrain to activities that always build an extra (Irrigate & Mine) and to activities that always transform terrain (Cultivate & Plant) has been finished. As Irrigate & Cultivate, and Mine & Plant are separately controlled activities, it's possible to have them also separately enabled for the same terrain (so terrain can support both building irrigation extra and transforming to another terrain via Cultivate activity).