ww2 european scenario

Contribute, display and discuss rulesets and modpacks for use in Freeciv here.
Xxpowermatrix98xX

ww2 european scenario

Post by Xxpowermatrix98xX »

hi, I'm going to do a European scenario of ww2, with all European nations (including the landing of the US Army in Germany), you know how I can make this scenario? or if possible?
sveinung
Elite

Re: ww2 european scenario

Post by sveinung »

It is possible. You can create a custom ruleset to specify nations, units etc. If you wish to create a map this can be done using the built in map editor. A save file can be edited as a scenario. If you wish to script events you can use Lua.
Xxpowermatrix98xX

sveinung wrote:It is possible. You can create a custom ruleset to specify nations, units etc. If you wish to create a map this can be done using the built in map editor. A save file can be edited as a scenario. If you wish to script events you can use Lua.
ok thanks you, where i can find the scenarios editor?
bard
Veteran

Post by bard »

Start a normal game and then select "Edit Mode" (Ctrl+e, or Edit menu).
Then you can save your scenario as a standard savegame.
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

To make it clear: the editor is effectively only a map editor. Rulesets and tilesets need to be edited in normal text editor (able to save the text as plain ascii, not in MS Word kind formats) Dedicated ruleset editor is in development. Also lua scripts (if you want to script events to your scenario with it) needs to be edited in text editor.
Xxpowermatrix98xX

ok when i try to press "ctrl-e" nothing happens, I tried both in game and on the pre-game screen, how do I find the menu?
louis94
Hardened

Post by louis94 »

Which client do you use ? Only the two Gtk clients implement the editor. That means you should use this one on Windows, and the freeciv-gtk2 package on Linux.

Louis
Last edited by louis94 on Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xxpowermatrix98xX

mh for this moment i m using the web client on mac, for now i can't use my windows computer :/
juanpablog

Post by juanpablog »

Hi! I read your intentions to build a ww2 scenario. It is a great idea. I remember the old civilisations 2 ww2 scenario. Then, could you finally build the escenario? If yes, could you share? Thanks in advance!
XYZ
Elite

Post by XYZ »

Well, hate to tell you that, but the thread is more than 2 years old and nothing has happened. The closest thing to that scenario is the WWI-1900 scenario wich I updated in 2016. You can find it here: http://forum.freeciv.org/f/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=809 among other scenarios. There is also a Spanish Civil War 1936 wich preludes WWII.

You could alter the WWI scenario and form with much lesser work a WWII scenario, however the whole idea is kind of boring since only a few modern standard units are available. There is no Nazi-Gemany or German Empire nation (Nazi Germany adopted the flag for a brief period of time). Also, it is not playable via freeciv web and you could only play it with the ai wich is boring since he often won't attack enemies, fight slowly or just not do what you would expect him to do in a specific scenario.
Last edited by XYZ on Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.