http://www.cazfi.net/freeciv/nextended- ... cazfi-1.7z
cazfi wrote:What are your plans about porting this to 2.5? It would be useful for me for testing purposes - to make sure that freeciv-2.5 has no problems with a modpack like this. I can port it myself if needed, but I want to avoid duplicate work if you are already doing that, or have a newer version that should be ported instead of working on the old one.
I did plan to port it to 2.5 when I finish the Ancient era development. since i am buried down in doing graphics when i do work on the mod (and since this work isn't nearly finished), if you have time it would be great if you do it. i did not start working on a newer mod version, neither have i updated/changed the last version of the mod which you provided on this thread so you can use that file.
At least it loads....
- I added "duplicates_ok" to .tilespec capstr to silence warnings about duplicate unit gfx. If you're going to maintain 2.4 version, that's probably worth backporting
- Barbarian sanity checking caused some headache (already opened patch #5477
about improving the documentation). I had to increase capacity of all the ferryboat types used by barbarians to 2 so that both the Barbarian Leader and at least one man fits in. As Sea moving unit cannot be the raider, I had to remove "BarbarianSea" flag from all the ferryboats, and gave it (as at least one is needed) to Legion which is also the Land Barbarian unit. The original problems should be solved in 2.4 too, even if freeciv sanity checking does not warn about them there (2.4 version sanity check does not include proper checks for these)
- All completely new effects needed for freeciv-2.5 compatibility are added to the end of effects.ruleset instead of their "correct" slot so you can check them before moving to where they belong
- Road types (new concept in 2.5) Road and River are copied almost verbatim from classic ruleset. I tried to be careful to keep your rules the same as they were, though (road/river never gives trade bonus). I left Railroad out as you had had no tech enabling it so building them has never been possible
- I didn't follow your style to add bare values to the rulesets, but often copied documentation comments in also. Not just for the sake of it though - if I didn't touch something I didn't bother with the comments either